LG TV guide problems

stef75

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've got an LG 65SM8600P TV twin tuner model ie Freesat and Freeview, was wondering if anyone else has had problems with the TV guide....it's absolutely dreadful on mine, taking sometimes upto 10 minutes to display the program information. Currently watching through Freesat, names of tv programs ie bbc1 quest, sky arts etc regularly disappear and when scrolling through the guide they will suddenly disappear and reappear randomly even worse when watching through Freeview, any thoughts? Photo attached shows guide with names of tv channels missing....TV has been on a couple of hours and still won't display the guide properly.... thanks

Attachments

• 16050216016921554337093361300313.jpg
    16050216016921554337093361300313.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 883
Same thing here with 43UN74006LB, and plenty of others too.

I've been through the retune routine with LG support numerous times. They tried to say it was related to signal strength but signal strength test clearly shows it's fine – which I've videoed and submitted to them.

I've also got a Samsung which loads Freeview info instantly and updates seamlessly.
According to LG US user forum it's a coding issue well known to LG.

I have been having similar problems with the epg not loading until finally Lg sent out a tv company to replace the mainboard. They arrived to do an in home repair. they then said the software is the wrong one they had brought the wrong dongle and had to take it in for 2 days they said i now have to wait 10 days for them to bring it back. I am livid at the lack of knowledge of the so called repair men and the company is terrible. I contacted them and was greeted by a woman who could barely speak English who just fobbed me off then hung up on me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom