LG TV doesn't show satellite as available input source

JimTech

Novice Member
I have recently bought a new LG UHD TV, model 49UN73.

This works fine, but although I can see over 150 channels found during auto-tuning in satellite mode, I cannot discover how to select these channels for viewing!

When I press the input selection button on the Magic Remote, I see:

TV / Inputs
Live TV via Antenna, Set-top box via HDMI 1, and PC via HDMI 3.

The terrestrial antenna signal here is a little "iffy" at times, so I would like to be able to switch to the satellite instead, but I cannot figure out just how!

Thank you, in advance, for anyone who can point me in the right direction!

StuBu

Standard Member
I have an LG telly with an aerial feed,a Sky Box and a dvd player. Each of these is shown on the page that comes up when you press the appropriate button on the LG remote..its one up in the top RH corner.....I then have the choice of Live TV via the aerial,watching a dvd or watching Sky.by highlighting "Set Top Box" using the arrows on the remote and pressing the enter button... using the Sky remote I bring up the EPG and choose the channel I want......Changing channels or recording programmes or watching recorded programmes is all done using the Sky remote.
Can you not do same...

Last edited:

JimTech

Novice Member
Yes, that works, but I don't understand why the satellite input isn't available.
What would happen if I didn't have a set-top box?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Yes, that works, but I don't understand why the satellite input isn't available.
What would happen if I didn't have a set-top box?
Do you have a satellite dish connected to your TV?
And, to avoid confusion, do you have a Sky TV box?

JimTech

Novice Member
Hi JayCee,
yes, I have a satellite feed directly to the TV, and also to one channel of a Humax Freesat box.
The Humax plays silly buggers every now and then, (probably getting on a bit, so possibly need to replace soon), so I want to be able to watch satellite programs without the Humax box.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom