LG TV and iPlayer issues

r5kod

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anyone having issues on their LG TV with iPlayer?

I have two LG TV's and on both of them, I am experiencing a lot of buffering and pixelated picture quality. This is on both wired and wifi (100MB) connections and other services appear to work without issue.

If I switch to my Xbox One on the same connection iPlayer works perfectly

i've found iPlayer to be a bit sketchy on other devices too in the past couple of weeks.

however, i've been viewing the football in UHD on iplayer on my LG CX and for the most it's been fine.

Upvote 0
I've recently purchased an LG 43UP81006LR TV and find that the BBC iplayer suffers from slight horizontal jitter (regardless of 'Best quality/standard' setting in iplayer).

This wasn't evident in its predecessor, a Samsung UE37ES5500 with Samsung 'Wireless LAN adapter for TV' WIS12ABGNX. I have transferred the Samsung adapter to the LG TV.

If anyone else has met this problem and found a solution, then I'd be pleased to learn more.

Update: I'm finding that the BBC iplayer 'Standard Definition' setting is more stable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Update: Since the LG 43UP81006LR TV software was updated a few days ago, the BBC iPlayer, even using the 'Standard Definition', is now less stable and is a poor advert for the catch-up process.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How odd... The 'beta' version of BBC iPlayer works fine on my 2016 LG television...

Upvote 0
The BBC iPlayer seemed more stable yesterday evening (21 Nov 2021), but I am currently without the HD channels for the main BBC, ITV, etc., despite autotuning (LG software v30.20.65). I think that the transmitter is Sutton Coldfield, and historically there are problems with HD BBC4 for our location (Derby) - there is a relay nearby.
Update: resolved by deselecting the smart tuning option prior to auto tuning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is anyone having issues on their LG TV with iPlayer?

I have two LG TV's and on both of them, I am experiencing a lot of buffering and pixelated picture quality. This is on both wired and wifi (100MB) connections and other services appear to work without issue.

If I switch to my Xbox One on the same connection iPlayer works perfectly
Having the same issue. Iplayer buffering on a wired connection of 55mps. Only when using LG interface, works fine through firestick.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom