LG to ship combi Blu-ray HD DVD player in May

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
LG will begin shipping its combination Blu-ray and HD DVD player, the so-called BH100 Super Multi Blue (pictured above), into the UK this May. The model, the world's first hybrid player, has been designed to address consumer confusion regarding the two competing HD formats. According to Daniel Aziz, marketing manager for LG's Digital [...]
More...

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Boy it sure is ugly...like a big black brick..not to dissimilar to the original xbox!:rotfl: :D :rotfl:

UKflames

Sure is expensive for something that only does half the job on HD-DVD's, no menu's etc., can't see this being a big hit on the high street.

sbowler

Its a step towards pleasing everyone, but its first gen and at a grand.:eek: I would think very few will buy it. Now 3rd or 4th gen, and at £500. I for one would be straight to the shops.:thumbsup:

tausifs

I agree with above comments on this player. I think the LG or any combo player should also support HDMI 1.3 and Dolby TrueHD as 5.1 at least. I don't care too much about the lack of iHD for HDDVD. It would prefer to resume play following stopping.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom