LG to release HDR update to a few 2015 TV's

Great, thanks for taking the time to post again thestig230.
My current TV plays HDR files OK, but all HDR files are showing the wrong contrasts of course.
I have a 2014 model. (55 UB850V)

A lot of non HDR capable tvs will display HDR files. The only thing they won´t read is the metadata of the HDR file, so the image won't be displayed as it should be.

@thestig230 I´m going to try again with Amazon but this time I'm just gonna use internet for the app and hope it can go up to UHD+HDR. Because you seems to have a very good internet speed, it starts streaming at UHD+HDR from the beginning.

Saludos

Make sure you start the Amazon content from the UHD category folder.
You can see me select it at 0:13 on the video I posted earlier.
Not all of the Amazon 4K content is HDR though. The Man In The High Castle is so give that a go.

My internet is averaging in the 40s down and 9s up.

Make sure you start the Amazon content from the UHD category folder.
You can see me select it at 0:13 on the video I posted earlier.
Not all of the Amazon 4K content is HDR though. The Man In The High Castle is so give that a go.

My internet is averaging in the 40s down and 9s up.
Tried again and nothing, this time I did get UHD quality .My internet speed is around 22s.

I noticed the ui on your Amazon app is different from the one I have. The Amazon app on the LG store here is version 1.0.38. Maybe there's no new version of Amazon for my TV yet.

Saludos

anyone with the uf830t?

i have the update 4.20.65 and not getting the HDR notification.

anyone with the uf830t?

i have the update 4.20.65 and not getting the HDR notification.
I have a UF8300 which I think is the equivalent model. You should get the HDR mode on content played on a USB trough smartshare.

If you mean you don't get HDR mode on Amazon then we are on the same boat. I did contact LG support on the chat and they say they will get in touch with me trough email but I haven't received any answer.

You should contact them that way they might have a record of people who is searching info about that.

Saludos

I have a UF8300 which I think is the equivalent model. You should get the HDR mode on content played on a USB trough smartshare.

If you mean you don't get HDR mode on Amazon then we are on the same boat. I did contact LG support on the chat and they say they will get in touch with me trough email but I haven't received any answer.

You should contact them that way they might have a record of people who is searching info about that.

Saludos

Hey Pilatus47 I am looking into getting the 58UF8300 and was wandering if you had any update on the streaming HDR and overall how you like the TV?

Hey Pilatus47 I am looking into getting the 58UF8300 and was wandering if you had any update on the streaming HDR and overall how you like the TV?
Hi.

About the TV in general, I think it's amazing for the price. The image is awesome, it can achieve very very good black levels (MVA panel) but at the same time it can be very very bright, so bright that I have to use it with energy save mode at medium otherwise at night it hurt my eyes. I use the TV with my pc and it's awesome, I play game without any inconvenience with delay.

About HDR on streaming service the first time, I didn't receive response. And the second time I contacted them the executive said the TV is not HDR compatible. Which I know is not true because at least I get HDR mode on media storage. Maybe in the future they enable HDR for streaming, or maybe that has to be done via app update for the respective service (Netflix, Amazon, etc). Because this TV has the same technology of the Samsung SUHD series (Nano crystal) and those tvs are official HDR ready.

At this moment I think I'm going to have to wait and see if I get HDR in streaming I'm the future. I'm the mean time I’m really enjoying it.

Saludos

Just seen this thread, received an update 2 days ago on my lg60uf850v update 40.00.70 just wondering how do I check for this HDR thing as I still learning this TV.

Thanks for that will give it a try this weekend, have to get s memory stick that's one thing I have never owned.

Sorry for the late reply. I played an HDR demo from the site posted here, and I still don't get any HDR notification. :/

Any solutions?

Sorry for the late reply. I played an HDR demo from the site posted here, and I still don't get any HDR notification. :/

Any solutions?
It's really strange, I thought your model would be HDR compatible at least like the UF8300 since they seems to have the same specs. Maybe the HDR feature is blocked or maybe it doesn't support it. Try to test some other demos. And as a last resource try to get in contact with LG, and ask them, but maybe you won't get an answer, I reach to them to ask about HDR via streaming on the UF8300 and they couldn't clarify that.

Saludos

Sorry for delay getting back thestig230, downloaded a HDR sample and as expected my lg60uf850v does not recognise the formate so won't play, normal 4K play beautiful and perfect image in screen

At this moment I think I'm going to have to wait and see if I get HDR in streaming I'm the future. I'm the mean time I’m really enjoying it.

Saludos

Hola Pilatus,
I have same TV as yours.
Have some questions if you don't mind:
1) Still receiving no-HDR from Amazon Prime?
2) Netflix has Marco Polo released in 4K HDR as you can see in the picture attached, do your TV play that show with HDR? Because mine doesn't :-(
3) My firmware for Latin America is the latest 04.20.50. Did you tried to upgrade the firmware from LG US 04.20.75 or from LG Korea 04.21.00? Does doing that upgrades from different countries doesn't make a mess with the TV?
Thanks in advance for your attention.
Pedro

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 165
Hola Pilatus,
I have same TV as yours.
Have some questions if you don't mind:
1) Still receiving no-HDR from Amazon Prime?
2) Netflix has Marco Polo released in 4K HDR as you can see in the picture attached, do your TV play that show with HDR? Because mine doesn't :-(
3) My firmware for Latin America is the latest Did you tried to upgrade the firmware from LG US 04.20.75 or from LG Korea 04.21.00? Does doing that upgrades from different countries doesn't make a mess with the TV?
Thanks in advance for your attention.
Pedro

Hi, Pedro.

Still no no receiving HDR from Amazon, I think they maybe have to enable it to our specific model. I haven't had the time to contact Amazon and see what they can do about it.

About Netflix, none of the 2015 tvs from LG and Samsung I think are receiving HDR yet. Let's hope we can on the future.

About the firmware, I have tried both of them. I started with the 04.20.75 and end up with the 04.21.00 and everything is fine. Didn´t have any problem at all.

May I ask where did you get the Latin American firmware?. Or is was updated via over the air?

Saludos

Hi, Pedro.

May I ask where did you get the Latin American firmware?. Or is was updated via over the air?

Saludos

Saludos Pilatus,
My firmware for Latin America is the 04.20.50
I got it over the air via "automatic updates" on the TV itself.
That is strange because the latest upgrade in the LG Brazil Website (where I live) is the old 04.20.08 (LG Resultado de busca | LG Brasil)
I was thinking to upgrade to the LG Korean 04.21.00, but it seems it doesn't change anything to the streaming in HDR issue :-(
Saludos
Pedro

Saludos Pilatus,
My firmware for Latin America is the 04.20.50
I got it over the air via "automatic updates" on the TV itself.
That is strange because the latest upgrade in the LG Brazil Website (where I live) is the old 04.20.08 (LG Resultado de busca | LG Brasil)
I was thinking to upgrade to the LG Korean 04.21.00, but it seems it doesn't change anything to the streaming in HDR issue :-(
Saludos
Pedro

Hi, Pedro.

I would suggest not to update with the korean version, because it specifies the models and the UF8300-SA is not listed. Mine is UF8300-UA maybe they are equal in hardware and they just change the last to reflect the South American market, but I still recommend not to update with the korean firmware.

What we can do is try to get in touch with Amazon and see if they can enable HDR for our model. Because the UF860 does accept HDR from Amazon.

Maybe you already know this thread but I will share it just in case you don´t.

Clube da LG Série UF - 58UF8300 - WebOS 2.0 - Modelo 2015

It´s a brazilian thread of the UF8300 model. Is in portuguese... I don't understand much of the info and google translate doesn't help that much. I hope you can find some useful info, and make some noise about the HDR feature at least for now on Amazon. Maybe if they see there's more people asking them about it, maybe they look into it.

Saludos

Hi, Pedro.

I would suggest not to update with the korean version, because it specifies the models and the UF8300-SA is not listed. Mine is UF8300-UA maybe they are equal in hardware and they just change the last to reflect the South American market, but I still recommend not to update with the korean firmware.

What we can do is try to get in touch with Amazon and see if they can enable HDR for our model. Because the UF860 does accept HDR from Amazon.

Maybe you already know this thread but I will share it just in case you don´t.

Clube da LG Série UF - 58UF8300 - WebOS 2.0 - Modelo 2015

It´s a brazilian thread of the UF8300 model. Is in portuguese... I don't understand much of the info and google translate doesn't help that much. I hope you can find some useful info, and make some noise about the HDR feature at least for now on Amazon. Maybe if they see there's more people asking them about it, maybe they look into it.

Saludos
Hola Pilatus,
You are right, I wont update the firmware from another country because the #models are different.
Yes, I am following that brazilian thread of the UF8300 model, thanks.
But the thing is that Amazon Prime is not on Brazil yet :-(
Only Netflix for now.

Saludos

Pedro

Hola Pilatus,
You are right, I wont update the firmware from another country because the #models are different.
Yes, I am following that brazilian thread of the UF8300 model, thanks.
But the thing is that Amazon Prime is not on Brazil yet :-(
Only Netflix for now.

Saludos

Pedro

Ok. Any relevant info on the brazilian thread?

I'm also following the peruvian thread with the info about the calibration.

Saludos

Ok. Any relevant info on the brazilian thread?

I'm also following the peruvian thread with the info about the calibration.

Saludos

No news here, the AVForum is ahead of the brazilian forum.
There you can find some diferent personal preferences tweeks in calibration but nothing much that improves the image.
What calibration do you used to tweek your TV?

For calibration, I personally used this tutorial (http://lifehacker.com/5858625/how-t...oost-your-video-quality-in-30-minutes-or-less) and this files (AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews) extracted the MP4 (.exe) on the USB memory stick instead of a DVD or Blu-ray, and played around with the tweeks untill I got a good result for my taste. Take notes of the values in a piece of paper and copy them to the other ports (HDMI, Netflix, PS3 etc.)
Hope that works for you.

Saludos

Don't know if here is the right place to ask but why is so few 4K HDR videos available on the internet to download? :-(
Does anyone knows another website to download HDR demos besides demo-uhd3d.com?
Thanks.
Pedro

Last edited:
Pilatus47, have you any news about HDR streaming?
Sadly I have a notice from a LG technician saying 58UF8300 has no HDR support. I'm not pretty sure about this because of the "HDR On" message.

No news about it. But LG has been saying that even to the 2015 OLED owners, so... Maybe they just want to sell 2016. About HDR, the TV does support HDR at least from media storage (I and some of the other members have confirmed that). The TV looks fantastic with those videos. I shared all those demos to some other members and they said the same.

I don't own any HDR device to test, but at least the OLED owners can stream Netflix HDR on the Xbox One S and Nvidia shield. Also, if some of you have Comcast service, you can check the Olympics HDR demo from Xfinity app.

If any person from lg says the TV doesn't support HDR, maybe they can tell us why the TV displays that message and locks some of the pictures settings (like every other HDR TV).

Maybe we should wait a little bit more, at least now, we have the right Netflix app to display HDR, in other forums people say that maybe we just need a firmware update to handle the new Netflix version.

Saludos

I send a new message to LG Support telling them about the "HDR ON" message, and they say that are gonna check again about the support for netflix HDR support. I really hope this can be fixed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom