LG to Bluetooth Transmitter

Steve698

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have an LG 43LF540V which has extremely limited connectivity I have a Humax HDR 2000T connected to it for recording purposes. My problem is I want to use some Bluetooth headphones with this TV, I know I need a transmitter to achieve this (ordered) but always thought there was an optical option on the TV but there isn't. This is the transmitter and TV connections in Pic. How do I get this transmitter hooked up ? do I need some other kind of cable/converter - optical to RCA. Are those RCA sockets the right ones ? Is it possible to plug the transmitter into the Humax optical port ?
Sorry if these are lame Q's but thought this was going to be easier than it is proving because of the limits of the TV connections.

Attachments

• TV.PNG
    TV.PNG
    538.2 KB · Views: 649
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The TV picture shows it's inputs, they'll never output sound whatever you buy. You need to take a photo of the bits marked out, if there are any.

The only exception would be some HDMI In ports which have ARC functionality.

If it doesn't have any outputs or support ARC then it's not possible. You can use the transmitter for the Humax PVR. You will need to watch the programs you're listing to through that as well, as the difference in timing between the TV's tuner and the PVR's tuner will mean sound wouldn't be synced up to the TV tuner's picture.

It also means any other devices you've got connected wouldn't be usable with headphones.

The pic is all the options the TV has, there are no outports other than 2 HDMI and 1 USB. As I say it's very limited. The HDMI ports are already in use with a 3 way splitter on one but I could get a bigger splitter if these ports can work in some way with the either optic or 3.5 jack connections on the transmitter.
I tried with the optic from the PVR and although it works the sound is really not all that loud even when on max on PVR and headphones.
I'm sorry I don't know what ARC functionality is.
Please see pic, a slightly different angle but that is everything.

Attachments

• TV 3.PNG
    TV 3.PNG
    98 KB · Views: 329
So if I can re-configure the HDMI and free up a port can I use this and then connect the bluetooth transmitter to that ?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yes, if you connect the Humax PVR to this then HDMI from this to the TV.
Bear in mind you'll only get sound from the PVR, there is no way to extract sound from the TV itself.

So HDMI doesn't carry the TV audio ? There doesn't seem much point in that as the PVR is already connected by HDMI and then I have an optic cable to the bluetooth but as you say that only gives me the sound from the PVR not the TV and that is really rubbish sound with low low volume even at max.
I can't understand how a HDTV can be made with next to no connectivity and no sound input options. So I'm now stuck with bluetooth headphones with no way of connecting them to the TV sound.

I'm still confused. I also have a Firestick connected to the TV (just through an HDMI port) that has it's own bluetooth - I just went into that and connected with the headphones and it works faultlessly. The sound is from the TV and as loud as my ears can tolerate.

You're listening to the audio from the source...in this case the Firestick. Switch your TV to the Humax PVR or the TV's terrestrial tuner (if you have an aerial plugged in) and you won't get sound from it via Bluetooth.

Last edited:
I can't understand how a HDTV can be made with next to no connectivity and no sound input options

Sound output, not input.
You obviously didn't do your research on the TV you bought.
You've bought a budget model by the looks of it.

Sorry I stand corrected - Audio outputs.
Yes you are correct it is a budget model I have never really had need for extra connections but now I need them I'm still shocked at the total lack of any method for connecting pretty much anything.

You're listening to the audio from the source...in this case the Firestick. Switch your TV to the Humax PVR or the TV's terrestrial tuner (if you have an aerial plugged in) and you won't get sound from it via Bluetooth.
I wouldn't expect to as the Firestick is on HDMI 1 with bluetooth built into the device and the PVR on HDMI 2 with no bluetooth unless I hook up this transmitter, then I get bluetooth.
So the HDMI ports on the TV are inputs and the sound is carried from the Firestick or PVR to the TV ?
If that is the case why is the Firestick sound so loud and clear and yet the PVR route is s**t and really quiet. Sorry if I'm being thick this isn't my area of expertise.

Have you tried going in to the audio output settings in the PVR and if set to Dolby try setting it to PCM if the option’s there.

Have you tried going in to the audio output settings in the PVR and if set to Dolby try setting it to PCM if the option’s there.
Had a look but yet again the options are really limited - all I have in the PVR audio is :
Digital audio output>stereo or multi-channel
Currently it's on stereo but changing it has no effect.

I think I have now got my head around the HDMI ports and the sound being fed by the device that is connected to it but why is the Firestick volume so good and drawn from the TV, while the PVR has it's own volume control and is so bad.

but why is the Firestick volume so good and drawn from the TV, while the PVR has it's own volume control and is so bad.

It is what it is I'm afraid...they all vary, I've seen complaints of low audio from optical out on Sky+HD boxes too.
You could always invest in a small inexpensive headphone amp if the audio from the Humax is too low.

OK well it's working to a fashion, not entirely as I want it but as you say it is what it is.
Thanks for for all your help on this.
Now seem to have a new problem - I will post a new thread regarding frozen Firestick.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom