LG television freeze/crash - anyone else?

mogge66

Standard Member
Reaction score
This may be a one off in the UK (although not in Australia it seems), but our 32LB1DB has a tendency to crash so that it's unresponsive to remote and set buttons, and I wondered whether anyone else has experienced this. The set is great, but this happened a few days after receiving it from C&M in February, and is a tad annoying!

What's interesting is that since about mid March it's been reported widely that LG sets with digital tuners have been freezing in Australia, requiring engineers to visit 10's of thousands of homes over coming months to perform software updates. This should be a different problem to the AU issue, but it seems that problems aren't just in AU.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has had this happen, and whether a software update resolved it.

Nick

Hi,

I have had a simular problem with my LG 32LC2D where it freezes when changing the inputs, (i.e. changing from HDMI to AV1 etc) and more often than not now when it is turned on it freezes. When it does this none of the buttons on the remote or screen its self work and the input indicator stays stuck in the top right of the screen, the only way to get out of it is to switch of the power at the mains and back on again which very often takes several goes before the TV works again.

I phoned LG last week and it has been booked to be swapped over tomorrow but I am worried that this could be a problem that is going to come back after reading about all the Aussies with simular issues so would like to know if anyone else has had this issue and more importantly if anyone has had an answer to it?

ive had this problem in the uk with samsung tv
its a problem with the tuner
im on my third tv !!!!
stephen

Hi,

I have had a simular problem with my LG 32LC2D where it freezes when changing the inputs, (i.e. changing from HDMI to AV1 etc) and more often than not now when it is turned on it freezes. When it does this none of the buttons on the remote or screen its self work and the input indicator stays stuck in the top right of the screen, the only way to get out of it is to switch of the power at the mains and back on again which very often takes several goes before the TV works again.

I phoned LG last week and it has been booked to be swapped over tomorrow but I am worried that this could be a problem that is going to come back after reading about all the Aussies with simular issues so would like to know if anyone else has had this issue and more importantly if anyone has had an answer to it?

I had the exact same problem. LG had it for 3 weeks, replaced the main PCB (apparantly) and sent it back to me. It still did the exact same thing, so Dixons picked it up on Friday and are giving me a full refund :D

Danbl - How long had you had your LG before Dixions replaced it?

LG didn't swap mine today as promised so I think I will be going back to the retailer (John Lewis), but as I've had it about 10 months I'm not sure they are going to want to do anything about it

Just as another after thought, I wonder if all the issues listed below started around the same time as they did in OZ, Mine started randomly going wrong probally about a month a go but at first it was maybe once a week and I just ignored it but now its everytime I turn it on it locks first and has to be powered on and off a few times before it works.

Harri

hi guys
i used to own an LG 32lx2r which is older than your models and had the same problem. when i turned the tv on, i'd get a blank screen and nothing would work the tv (tv buttons or remote). with this being my third faulty tv in 5 months, i agreed to let LG take it away for repair. after a week, the tv was returned but within a day the fault came back so i took it back to currys on a very busy xmas eve and got them to exchange it for my now fault free philips 32pf9641d:thumbsup: it seems to be an inherent fault with these LG tv's.

Thanks for the replies.

Just to give an update on this, the problem went away on mine after doing a full system reset to revert to factory settings, and it hasn't come back so far. LG booked a company to come and swap the main board, but as the problem seemed to go away I asked them not to replace it when they called a few weeks later to say that the board was in as I'd rather not have it taken to bits. The service agent also said that resetting fixes problems in most cases.

The problem first happened after I'd used it with a Mac and PC on the RGB input, which might be coincidence but it had been fine for a week prior. I've used it with a Mac again since resetting and it's not happened again though.

The LG support person I spoke to also said that there had been problems in the UK with sets freezing on ITV or ITV2 via the digital tuner.

So I'd recommend trying a full factory reset and perhaps that would resolve the issue for anyone else with this problem.

Nick

Hmm. I've also read about the issues with LG sets freezing in Australia. I recently had a similar problem with my LG set, although the controls on the set did respond, the remote did not.

In this case it appeared that my pratting about with a new upscaling DVD player caused the trouble. I've already posted on this within the forum.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom