LG st 600 issues

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Tobaboy, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Tobaboy

Tobaboy
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have just mapped an external hard drive to my network using windows 8. This new drive is showing up under my network drive in my control panel on my laptop. The LGst600 is wired to my home network. I am unable however to see this drive with the lg, it shows the shared windows folder and I can play files that are on my laptop but not from this mapped drive. I am wondering how I can view this file with the lg, so I can stream these files over the network.

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,127
    The LG most likely does not browse network shares it only browses DLNA servers.

Use a DLNA server like Serviio, Mezzmo or TVMobili to stream media from the PC to the LG, they are much more capable than the built in DLNA media server of windows which is tied into windows media player. If you want to use WMP you will have to add your USB drive folder into the WMP library if it accepts that as I know WMP can be picky about that.

3. Tobaboy

Tobaboy
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I downloaded and starting running plex and it seems to be working, although some movies won't play, but I'm assuming that's cause plex is just setting up/

4. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,127
    Yes probably takes a while for Plex to complete it's first scan. Note that LG have discontinued their MediaLink Plex client, you might still have it on the ST600 but I've no clue if it still works with current Plex.

Plex also doubles as a DLNA server separate from it's own Plex clients, if it still doesn't work I'd recommend using one of the servers I mentioned.