LG Soundbar with Sony Bravia

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by Namesoom, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Namesoom

Namesoom
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I recently got a Sony Bravia xf87 TV. I have been trying to get my LG soundbar to work through the arc port but have ran into a problem. The soundbar works fine but when I turn my tv off the next time I put it on it reverts back to tv speakers. I would like my TV to stay on audio system instead of going back to TV speakers as it's a little annoying having to change every time. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Namesoom

Namesoom
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I have an update but still need some help. The TV arc seems to work great until I have my blu ray player in any hdmi port. If I put it in the hdmi in port of the soundbar the sound works on the blu ray but I get no arc for other devices. However the really strange thing is if I put the blu ray player into any hdmi port on my TV (except arc) it seems to interfere with the arc functionality of the soundbar. Right now I have it in hdmi 4 which is not the arc port but bravia synch seems to completely ignore the soundbar until I take out the blu ray. I am extremely confused and would appreciate any help.

3. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Go into the BD player settings and disable HDMI-CEC (control over HDMI), that may be the culprit.

CEC allows control over HDMI devices and it's what the bravia sync is doing with the soundbar along with ARC, the BD player may have some conflict in it's CEC makeup that is throwing a spanner in the works.