LG Soundbar issues

152bobby

I didn't realise there was a LG section on the forum, it's not about a LG TV, but a LG soundbar, so I'm hoping someone can help me.
I've mastered the issue of powering everything on and off together and the sound going off as well.
As previously mentioned (in a seperate thread) I have a Sky Q and a Panasonic TX-65CS620B and a LG SN7CY Soundbar connected via HDMI and everything works fine now, until when I'm watching a channel (any channel) and I press the home button on the Sky Q remote to go to the main menu, I lose sound to everything.
The only way to get the sound back is to power both Sky and the LG soundbox off with the power button on the Sky Q remote and then power it on again and the sound is back. Changing channels up and down is not affected, the sound stays on.
Also, when I press the Mute button on the Sky Q remote, Mute shows on the front of the soundbar briefly and goes back to showing hdmi Arc and does not mute the sound (this is not a deal breaker, just annoying).
So in short, when I want to watch another channel or go to the sky menu, I press the Home button on the Sky Q remote, like you would normally do, I then lose sound, pick the new channel I want, power off and on and then I'll have sound on that channel.

What the hell is going on!!! This is very odd.

Any ideas please ?
PS: I have emailed LG Support about this, but no reply yet.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom