• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question LG SN9YG Wifi Interference

brayjoshaddi

Novice Member
Hi All
I have an LG SN9YG connected to my Samsung Q80T TV.
I use a plex Media server to stream 4K Content over Wifi (Google Nest).
After much testing I've discovered that when my soundbar is on the TV has greatly diminished wifi capacity and cannot stream 4K.
When off, the TV has no issues. This is using the same direct stream from Plex in the same manner using the Plex App both using direct streaming.
Has anyone else come across this? Can it be fixed?
Thanks

Forsaken Donkey

Novice Member
Hi All
I have an LG SN9YG connected to my Samsung Q80T TV.
I use a plex Media server to stream 4K Content over Wifi (Google Nest).
After much testing I've discovered that when my soundbar is on the TV has greatly diminished wifi capacity and cannot stream 4K.
When off, the TV has no issues. This is using the same direct stream from Plex in the same manner using the Plex App both using direct streaming.
Has anyone else come across this? Can it be fixed?
Thanks
Did you ever find a solution for this issue?

I am experiencing the same thing and have verified through numerous tests over numerous days that the soundbar/sub is causing major interference with wifi connectivity. I am also using Google Wifi (not the nest version).

Any help is appreciated!

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Could it be a clash of wi-fi channels? There are plenty of wi-fi analyser apps. up for grabs. I use one some years ago to resolve some wi-fi connectivity issues caused by interference from a neighbour's system.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom