LG SN7CY Soundbar Review & Comments

Thank you. Yeah i will give that a go. I have also been told to disable earc and just use arc.
daft as it may sound these features often create more problems than what they are worth.

It should be mentioned that the SN7CY does 4K60 only in 4:2:0. You need to drop down to 4K30 to get full 4:4:4 colour resolution.

I have just purchased a lg Oled tv 65 with Atmos and have a Bose solo 5 from my previous tv .Would i notice a major difference in sound with the LG SN7Y or is there an alternative i should look at

Last edited:
I found this to be the perfect sounbar for gaming plus I live in place with many people and can't have to much bass so its punchy but not to loud but very clear got it free online with my 77inch c1 from richer sounds so a bargain really probably gonna add some sp8 rear wireless speakers bass isn't always everything especially when u can't be to loud but u still want that amazing emersion and for a free sound bar u can't complain really amazing clear sound ever at a lower volume can't go wrong and it looks very premium ive seen some of the free soundbars people get sometimes I highly recommend it for emersion with gaming justblike to say amazing lg c1 review made me choose the right tv for me over the moon with the c1 🤩
Write your own review for LG SN7CY

Pick this up the other day , after reading a few reviews ( all been good )
how ever what i can hear sounds just crap !
sounds flat , no bass whatso ever , and very tinny at times
tried updating the software but didn't make any difference .

Playing Obi-Wan kenobi on Disney Ewan Mcgregor voice sounds like it coming through two bake bean cans and a some string !!!!

I had the JBL 2.0 before this and TBH that sounded better than this!!

is there anything i can do , change settings ?? to make this sound ( like the reviews are putting out )

Playing Obi-Wan kenobi on Disney Ewan Mcgregor voice sounds like it coming through two bake bean cans and a some string !!!!

is there anything i can do , change settings ?? to make this sound ( like the reviews are putting out )
ignore the reviews just your own ears, its either faulty of poor, i would suggest taking it back either ask them to swop it or exchange.

It should be mentioned that the SN7CY does 4K60 only in 4:2:0. You need to drop down to 4K30 to get full 4:4:4 colour resolution.
I wonder why they can't just do a straight pass-through with the video?

Took it back this afternoon ,
something wasn't right with it :smashin:
Did you get a new one or something else?

Unfortunately, I bought it and found out there are some decoding issues mainly on the center channel, sounds get distorted from time to time, firmware issue. There's no return policy here, so I'm stuck with it. My advice is don't buy it!!

Do people who own this find that it’s horrible when used with a 5.1 audio track? It sounds all muffled and tinny.

I’ve tried updating firmware but when I pop in my USB and change to the USB channel on the soundbar it puts itself into standby and does nothing else.

Wondering if I should see about getting it exchanged or repaired?

Do people who own this find that it’s horrible when used with a 5.1 audio track? It sounds all muffled and tinny.

I’ve tried updating firmware but when I pop in my USB and change to the USB channel on the soundbar it puts itself into standby and does nothing else.

Wondering if I should see about getting it exchanged or repaired?
You can use the phone app to update the firmware. I've done it before.

The 5.1 audio issue especially with Atmos/DD+ has been there since day 1, I do wonder if the latest fw has fixed it. The last time I checked, the fw that can be downloaded from their website claims it has been updated. But when I opened the zip file, the mod date was older...

Unfortunately don’t think you can do it via the iOS app.

I spoke to LG and they took it back for a repair under warranty. Who knows what’s going to happen, haha. Kind of regret buying it now to be honest.

Unfortunately don’t think you can do it via the iOS app.

I spoke to LG and they took it back for a repair under warranty. Who knows what’s going to happen, haha. Kind of regret buying it now to be honest.
There was another way to use a usb storage to update... Hopefully LG will hack it and fix the issues for u, please report back the firmware version once u get it back.

There was another way to use a usb storage to update... Hopefully LG will hack it and fix the issues for u, please report back the firmware version once u get it back.
I’ve received it back. Yeah I tried to update firmware by USB but it wasn’t working unfortunately.

They replaced the PCB and Bluetooth module. Can’t say I’ve noticed any improvement to be honest. Think it just doesn’t handle 5.1 very well.

How can I check the firmware version?

I’ve received it back. Yeah I tried to update firmware by USB but it wasn’t working unfortunately.

They replaced the PCB and Bluetooth module. Can’t say I’ve noticed any improvement to be honest. Think it just doesn’t handle 5.1 very well.

How can I check the firmware version?
If u can't update the fw through app, I doubt it u can check the fw through it. There may be a button press sequence to show that if u check the manual. There are quite a bit of settings u can do with the android app, which can also be done by buttons on top. I don't think the actual speakers inside are bad, just crappy decoding eq from fw.

Why not just tell the LG supports that it's a fw issue. But if it's a repair center or some sort, they probably pretend to have something replaced to earn more...

I’ve got my PS5 connected to my LG C2 OLED. I’ve got an LG SN7CY soundbar connected via HDMI Arc. When I turn on Dolby Atmos in my PS5 settings the game sound goes all muffled. Is there an extra setting I’m missing to allow it to process in Dolby Atmos properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom