LG SN5R surround sound on Netflix

David27

Novice Member
I got a LG SN5R sound bar. It has a DTS Virtual X mode and AI Sound Pro modes, as well as standard and bass blast. Seems to me that all the modes can have the surround setting on or off.
I understand that Netflix doesn't support DTS-X, but I still get some sound effects on the rear speakers when surround is on.
I don't know what is the best mode to get surround sound when watching Netflix? Should I use AI Sound Pro or DTS Virtual X?

Last edited:

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Do you have the wired/wireless Rear Speakers as without those everything, according to Pg20 of the Soundbar manual, is played back in 2.1 mode.

If you have the Rear speakers you can enable any of the ‘Sound Modes’ and decide for yourself which works best for you.

Joe

David27

Novice Member
Do you have the wired/wireless Rear Speakers as without those everything, according to Pg20 of the Soundbar manual, is played back in 2.1 mode.

If you have the Rear speakers you can enable any of the ‘Sound Modes’ and decide for yourself which works best for you.

Joe
Yes, I do. They're the main reason I bought this soundbar.
After research, I now know that DTS Virtual:X is an independent feature of the soundbar and works with any audio signal received. It is the best mode for Netflix, it does a good job with the 5.1 content, good 3D experience.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom