Hi everyone,

I'm interested in the SN11RG (I was previously planning for a full 5.1.2 system, but after going through all the research and planning, the wife deemed it too expensive - we were reaching 2000€). I'm still going through the entire thread (99 pages is alot to go through), but I already have a few questions regarding my current (and future) setup.

I have a LG B9 OLED, PS4 Pro, Raspberry Pi 2 (to be replaced by a Nvidia Shield TV Pro, either if they go on sale or if I get tired of waiting).
I'll also be getting a PS5, but probably only in 5 years or something, as I still have lots of PS4 games I want to play (although I might get it earlier as I don't have a 4K Blu-Ray player, and don't want to get one as I'll eventually get the PS5).
Finally, I have a 2.4GHz router (an old Technicolor TG784n) right behind the TV, in front of which the soundbar would go.

All of this said, I have a few concerns:

- will the router give me problems? I've seen some people mentioning WiFi interference here, but from what I've found it was mostly with the 5GHz range. I've found one report of problems with 2.4GHz in the LG website, but it didn't go into detail

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

regarding the router - it will not be an issue especially for a 2.4Ghz - the main issue which I did experience is with mesh routers like Orbi which create their own connection with other satellite units which is where channel clash issues happen and its hard to adjust on the router as its typically not meant to be user adjustable (through there are ways to change it).

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in the SN11RG (I was previously planning for a full 5.1.2 system, but after going through all the research and planning, the wife deemed it too expensive - we were reaching 2000€). I'm still going through the entire thread (99 pages is alot to go through), but I already have a few questions regarding my current (and future) setup.

I have a LG B9 OLED, PS4 Pro, Raspberry Pi 2 (to be replaced by a Nvidia Shield TV Pro, either if they go on sale or if I get tired of waiting).
I'll also be getting a PS5, but probably only in 5 years or something, as I still have lots of PS4 games I want to play (although I might get it earlier as I don't have a 4K Blu-Ray player, and don't want to get one as I'll eventually get the PS5).
Finally, I have a 2.4GHz router (an old Technicolor TG784n) right behind the TV, in front of which the soundbar would go.

All of this said, I have a few concerns:

- will the router give me problems? I've seen some people mentioning WiFi interference here, but from what I've found it was mostly with the 5GHz range. I've found one report of problems with 2.4GHz in the LG website, but it didn't go into detail.

- until I get the PS5, I'll have to get my Atmos/DTS-X fix from Netflix, Prime Video, which are lossy, and a few rips, which have TrueHD audio. These will be fed, at first, from the TV's Video app reading from Kodi on the Raspberry Pi 2. Will I get the Atmos cutouts most seem to be talking about, since the audio will be fed by the LG B9 through the eARC port?

- when I get the PS5, I'll hopefully use it sometimes to watch 4K Blu-Rays. But since the SN11RG doesn't passthrough the HDMI 2.1 features like VRR and ALLM, the plan would be to connect it to the TV and get the audio to the soundbar over eARC. Will this (also) give me Atmos cutouts? (I guess I could always switch from the TV to the soundbar whenever I want to watch 4K Blu-Rays, but of course I'd rather not).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
OK, I got the OK from the missus and pulled the trigger on a SN11RG from Amazon. After a Wednesday initial estimate, the soundbar has now been shipped and should be here on Monday (ahead of the HDMI cable I also ordered, but that's Amazon for you.. better like that than the other way around - I'll just use the HDMI cable that came with the PS4 Pro for a couple days).

I have a few extra questions - to connect the PS4 Pro, and since I don't yet have a 4K Blu-Ray player (and won't for some time), I should configure it to output "Bitstream (Dolby)", in order to take advantage of the Atmos in some of my Blu-Ray disks, right?
Will I also have to switch it to "Bitstream (DTS)" if I ever get a DTS-X Blu-Ray (not even sure that's a thing in regular Blu-Ray)?
What about DTS-HD, will it go through using Bitstream (Dolby) or does it have to be "Bitstream (DTS)" as well?

I have now come to conclusion that this soundbar is excellent on many aspects except reproduction of powerful deep bass. It should be okay for most but for bassaholics like me, its not enough and its slowly beginning to irk me. I will soon try to convince my wife to go back to separates but smaller ones like Focal or Monoprice or await results of Klipsch 54 performance.

Wait haven’t you bought one regardless?? Just finished reading the comments on Steve’s review.
Yes, exactly because of Steve's review actually.
Got it for 28 days trial via Samsung Store.
It sounds amazing when it is working fine, but it has lots of bugs.
I can see why people slated it for the bugs, but I've got workarounds for all of them now.
This bar also passes VRR through it.

Yes, exactly because of Steve's review actually.
Got it for 28 days trial via Samsung Store.
It sounds amazing when it is working fine, but it has lots of bugs.
I can see why people slated it for the bugs, but I've got workarounds for all of them now.
This bar also passes VRR through it.
Yea I’ll be sticking with the LG, not fussed for a carpet covered bug fest. It seems like they’ve thrown away what was good about the Q90 and started from scratch.

The LG isn’t perfect, but if I can get the low end rear bass sorted out, I’m happy. I’m pretty happy as it is in fairness.

I don’t get the fuss over what any of these bars can do when connected directly to devices, why not just use EARC?

Yea I’ll be sticking with the LG, not fussed for a carpet covered bug fest. It seems like they’ve thrown away what was good about the Q90 and started from scratch.

The LG isn’t perfect, but if I can get the low end rear bass sorted out, I’m happy. I’m pretty happy as it is in fairness.

I don’t get the fuss over what any of these bars can do when connected directly to devices, why not just use EARC?
Everything about the bugs angers me, but the sound is absolutely amazing.
The bass is great and the overall sound bubble is the best I've heard in my house.
I just can't bring myself to return it as the 9.1.4 really makes a difference.

Everything about the bugs angers me, but the sound is absolutely amazing.
The bass is great and the overall sound bubble is the best I've heard in my house.
I just can't bring myself to return it as the 9.1.4 really makes a difference.
Significantly more so than the LG bubble?

Significantly more so than the LG bubble?
Yes, I had them both all day on Sunday and was playing the same content on the same cables and setup.
The bass distortion on the LG is so bad when compared with this and the panning of an object is on a different level due to the extra side speakers.
I said to friends and family that I was almost certain that I was going to send it back, I mean £600 for just 2 extra speakers!
When I heard Mad Max Fury Road and John Wick the difference isn't just 2 speakers, it's the whole bubble that's improved. The rear height channels appear to be directly over my head now with the Q950t. I'm not sure if it's the speaker angle or the frequencies it uses, but it is very different.

I changed my opinion totally in the space of about 6 hours.

I have now come to conclusion that this soundbar is excellent on many aspects except reproduction of powerful deep bass. It should be okay for most but for bassaholics like me, its not enough and its slowly beginning to irk me. I will soon try to convince my wife to go back to separates but smaller ones like Focal or Monoprice or await results of Klipsch 54 performance.
About time..... separates is the best option for you ;)
I am loving my setup :D lol

Ok, another quick question: my SN11RG is supposed to come in today (I know, extrafast), but the HDMI 2.0 cable I ordered should only get here by next Wednesday. I have a HMDI 1.4 (High Speed with Ethernet) cable from Amazon Basics laying around (bought in 2011, if I'm not mistaken). From what I'm reading, it should be enough for connecting the soundbar through eARC (it won't passthrough 4K image, but that's not a problem if I don't connect the PS4 Pro to the soundbar for now), is this correct?

Ok, another quick question: my SN11RG is supposed to come in today (I know, extrafast), but the HDMI 2.0 cable I ordered should only get here by next Wednesday. I have a HMDI 1.4 (High Speed with Ethernet) cable from Amazon Basics laying around (bought in 2011, if I'm not mistaken). From what I'm reading, it should be enough for connecting the soundbar through eARC (it won't passthrough 4K image, but that's not a problem if I don't connect the PS4 Pro to the soundbar for now), is this correct?

you can get dolby atmos if you connected the hdmi 1.4 cable from your ps4 pro to the soundbar directly as well as 4k at 30fps. I'm not sure if you can get dolby atmos through eARC though with a hdmi1.4. I've purchased some hdmi 2.1 cables for my samsung q950t soundbar (amazing) which will be futureproof for the next few years. I'd recommend getting them.
what tv do you have?

Last edited:
you can get dolby atmos if you connected the hdmi 1.4 cable from your ps4 pro to the soundbar directly as well as 4k at 30fps. I'm not sure if you can get dolby atmos through eARC though with a hdmi1.4. I've purchased some hdmi 2.1 cables for my samsung q950t soundbar (amazing) which will be futureproof for the next few years. I'd recommend getting them.
what tv do you have?
From what I'm reading, the PS4 Pro disabled support for 4K over HDMI 1.4 in late 2016. It doesn't seem to have re-enabled it since.

I'd expect the bandwidth for Atmos + eARC overhead to be far below that of Atmos + 4K HDR, so I'd think the option to connect the soundbar to the TV through the cable to be more viable. Am I wrong?

From what I'm reading, the PS4 Pro disabled support for 4K over HDMI 1.4 in late 2016. It doesn't seem to have re-enabled it since.

I'd expect the bandwidth for Atmos + eARC overhead to be far below that of Atmos + 4K HDR, so I'd think the option to connect the soundbar to the TV through the cable to be more viable. Am I wrong?

earc requires a cable with high speed ethernet signal, so potensh will work with your hdmi 1.4?
only way to confirm is when you try it later today :)

My av unit isn’t quite wide enough for this bar. Will it be okay to have it over hang a little either side or should I go for the smaller SN9? I have the 65 inch CX.

Last edited:
My av unit isn’t quite wide enough for this bar. Will it be okay to have it over hang a little either side or should I go for the smaller SN9? I have the 65 inch CX.

Depends. It's going to look awkward and wobbly if the width of your stand is under 100 CMS.

Does anyone have any experience with using the Vero 4K+ with the SN11RG for TrueHD Atmos/DTS-X?

I'm currently gathering some 4K HDR Atmos/DTS-X rips (not Remuxes) and, from what I've seen, every one is below the 10,000Kbps limit which seems to be giving trouble to Kodi and others. The problem is I'm not sure if I'll find in the future some rip which crosses the 10,000kbps threshold.

The only player I know of (within reasonable prices) that can handle those high bitrate TrueHD tracks is Nvidia Shield TV Pro, which costs 100€ more, using Plex, which I'd rather not use (Kodi is so much better, IMO).

What's your take on this high bitrate TrueHD situation?

Has any update changed the sound signature of the soundbar before? My friend recently purchased the bar and we tried Ready Player One in Atmos however the sound effects sounded pretty recessed in the race scene when compared to the Q90R. He hasn't setup the bar to connect to the wifi yet but was curious so thought to try checking out here.

Has any update changed the sound signature of the soundbar before? My friend recently purchased the bar and we tried Ready Player One in Atmos however the sound effects sounded pretty recessed in the race scene when compared to the Q90R. He hasn't setup the bar to connect to the wifi yet but was curious so thought to try checking out here.

That race scene apparently sounds better in the Q90R.

Today I played one of my favourite audio demo scene from Hurt Locker.

When the bomb explodes, my SVS used to produce seismic bass that will shake the window grills as it goes well under 20 Hz. With this LG sub, there is none of it. When the frequency dips under 30Hz, nothing gets registered. This is now beginning to annoy me despite being unfair to compare the LG sub to my SVS.

I am now pinning my hopes on Klipsch 54 . If it fails to deliver then I will have to convince the wife to go back to separates.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom