Cash back from LG? Is this a Europe only thing? With your price of 1039 euro, it is still cheaper than the cheapest USD deal I found (around $1400)
Did you find it online at this price? Do you have a link?
Those 300€ will be a voucher for an LG Oled aquisition or is already deducted from 1339€ total price?
I am not sure if it is valid in all Europe but it is in Spain. Theoretically, you can buy the soundbar anywhere you want (as long as the shop is in the list they provide) and then, you need to post a review of the bar on LG’s website and send the invoice to them. Also theoretically, they give 300€ back into your bank account. So, if this is really like that, i would have paid 739€ for the soundbar.

The link is the following one (in spanish only, sorry):

Not many reviews on this Bar yet.

Ordered mine this morning, so expecting it next week - can’t wait. 😀

Does anyone that has this, do you use a harmony remote? One of the issues with my current setup (SK10Y with the additional SPK8 rear speakers pack) is that I can’t specify the input with the harmony remote (or the remote that came with it to be fair). Although the LG app will allow you to select the input, which is a little odd. Has anybody seen this with the SN11RG?

I’ll be putting my SK10Y + SPK8 up for sale if anybody is interested.

Well mines all set up..however I have 2 questions..

My display reads e arc. Can I change it or possibly dim it..

And how do i tell what its decoding? Playing maleficent on disney plus but want to check in getting atmos..

I have not done much with the soundbar yet and will share my experience in a few days. The first impression is quite positive. I had some issues getting started since I did not know that my HDMI cable is too old… thought I am too stupid to get it connected, but it really was the cable. Until I get my new HDMI cable tomorrow, I use the included optical audio cable. Despite my vaulted ceiling it works well so far. However, further testing is required. It felt like the AI calibration helped to improve the atmos sound a bit. In the before and after comparison the sound from the bar itself feels now closer to the sofa – this is good because in my case the ceiling above the soundbar is vaulted which should affect the sound negative. Please take in mind that this is just my first impression, but so far I can recommend the soundbar.

I have a question concerning the app. Unfortunately, I cannot change the language to English or I missed it, which is why my translation might be not correct. You can set the volume for:

• Subwoofer
  • Center
  • Overhead
  • Side
  • Speaker level rear
  • Volume of the rear speakers
The translation of the app itself seems to be wrong because they sometimes use volume, level and so on. My issue is that I do not understand the difference between speaker level rear and volume of the rear speakers. In both cases I can choose from -6 till +6. Might you tell me please what the English app version says about the rear settings? Thanks in advance!

Well mines all set up..however I have 2 questions..

My display reads e arc. Can I change it or possibly dim it..

And how do i tell what its decoding? Playing maleficent on disney plus but want to check in getting atmos..

If it's still the same as a few weeks ago then you can't currently get Atmos on Disney Plus as they've cut their bandwidth.

It flags up at dolbly vision.. and states atmos...... ill check Netflix later. You may be right

Just noticed each rear speaker weighs 5 Kg. Looks like they really put some effort into the build quality.

I have some questions for those who have have tried out this soundbar, which I'm planning on buying. LG has had serious lip-sync problems in the past which for me is a decisive issue. My TV is an LG55OLED E6V which I have to stick with as I need the 3D facility. Is the SN11RG free of the lip-sync problem, particularly with that TV? How is it with both Atmos and non-Atmos audio source material and with different levels of video material? Does it automatically adjust between different material or does the user have to make adjustments with each change?

I should add to my last that I have a Panasonic DMPUB900 Blu-Ray player which I plan to connect to the soundbar and then connect the soundbar to the TV with passthrough bitstream for video. Will that affect audio-video syncing?

Can someone suggest a good speaker stand for the rear speakers?

Dimensions: 130 x 211.5 x 191.2 mm
Weight: 5.2 Kg

Has anyone done the calibration then just changed it, ive done the calibration. But on the phone app all the values are at 0.

Last edited:
I should add to my last that I have a Panasonic DMPUB900 Blu-Ray player which I plan to connect to the soundbar and then connect the soundbar to the TV with passthrough bitstream for video. Will that affect audio-video syncing?
If you connect directly to the soundbar, you shouldn’t have lip sync issues

Mine arrived today.

I was replacing my Samsung HW-K950 and hooking it up to an LG OLED55CX5LB.

As with others with that Samsung bar, it was one of frustration. The audio was impressive but the lack of eArc and only two other HDMI handicapped it if you were device heavy. The crackling rear speakers and a subwoofer that was mightly impressive but overpowering with limited ability to lower it being the other things for me.

I was almost pressing the buy button on the latest Samsung but switched to LG instead. Here are my early observations.

1 - Subwoofer has more control over the levels. It is not overpowering.
2 - The rear speakers are about an inch wider then the Samsung. With adjustable stands, that was fine for me.
3 - I am getting sound cut-outs with Dolby Vision and Atmos (netflix and prime). I have tried 2 HDMI cables (same brand) that say they are 48Gbps but I was getting the same with both. I have a new cable being delivered tomorrow from a different brand and will see how that goes. No cut-outs with 5.1 and HDR or lower definitions. Each time there is a cut out, the on screen display brightens and redisplays the atmos text.
4 - I love earc. The device connectivity is much easier and configuration automatic for other earc devices. No more issues of a device forcing switching when its not in use.
5 - I'm not sure the AI did anything. The image on the screen showed no rears and no noise came from the rears during the test. I couldnt tell any difference between before and after. I need to look at that again.
6 - With all levels set to zero (default), the rears are generating more sound than the K950 and the positioning is more varied than anything experienced on the K950. I never felt I observed any benefits of the upfiring speakers on the K950. It felt like emperors' new clothes. However, with the LG the sound positioning was varied and watching content I had seen before, I heard effects in positions not previously experienced.

In summary, the sound cut outs worry me but I hope to have better news on that tomorrow. However, what I have heard so far is impressive and definitely a step up from the K950.

And for the person that asked earlier, the display auto-dims after a while and should not be intrusive. And no noticeable issues on lipsyncing (that was something I would see, in particular with Amazon Prime on the K950).

Hi all.

I'm.struggling to connect my soundbar to the WiFi.. on the lg I have the Google home app and lg app..but when I search it won't find it. Any ideas??

Tia

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200606-000601_LG Wi-Fi Speaker.jpg
    Screenshot_20200606-000601_LG Wi-Fi Speaker.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20200606-000545_Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20200606-000545_Home.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 86
In reference to a post above.

Surely the rear speakers aren't 5.2kg each and that's the combined weight?

The ones on Q90R are 2.1kg each so surely these wouldn't be 3.1kg heavier.

Mine arrived today.

I was replacing my Samsung HW-K950 and hooking it up to an LG OLED55CX5LB.

As with others with that Samsung bar, it was one of frustration. The audio was impressive but the lack of eArc and only two other HDMI handicapped it if you were device heavy. The crackling rear speakers and a subwoofer that was mightly impressive but overpowering with limited ability to lower it being the other things for me.

I was almost pressing the buy button on the latest Samsung but switched to LG instead. Here are my early observations.

1 - Subwoofer has more control over the levels. It is not overpowering.
2 - The rear speakers are about an inch wider then the Samsung. With adjustable stands, that was fine for me.
3 - I am getting sound cut-outs with Dolby Vision and Atmos (netflix and prime). I have tried 2 HDMI cables (same brand) that say they are 48Gbps but I was getting the same with both. I have a new cable being delivered tomorrow from a different brand and will see how that goes. No cut-outs with 5.1 and HDR or lower definitions. Each time there is a cut out, the on screen display brightens and redisplays the atmos text.
4 - I love earc. The device connectivity is much easier and configuration automatic for other earc devices. No more issues of a device forcing switching when its not in use.
5 - I'm not sure the AI did anything. The image on the screen showed no rears and no noise came from the rears during the test. I couldnt tell any difference between before and after. I need to look at that again.
6 - With all levels set to zero (default), the rears are generating more sound than the K950 and the positioning is more varied than anything experienced on the K950. I never felt I observed any benefits of the upfiring speakers on the K950. It felt like emperors' new clothes. However, with the LG the sound positioning was varied and watching content I had seen before, I heard effects in positions not previously experienced.

In summary, the sound cut outs worry me but I hope to have better news on that tomorrow. However, what I have heard so far is impressive and definitely a step up from the K950.

And for the person that asked earlier, the display auto-dims after a while and should not be intrusive. And no noticeable issues on lipsyncing (that was something I would see, in particular with Amazon Prime on the K950).

Can I ask if the hdmi and power socket are at the center of the bar at the back?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the hdmi inputs and power connection are at the center at the back ?

Does anyone know if the hdmi inputs and power connection are at the center at the back ?
Id say slightly off centre. About 8 inches from either end.

If your looking from the front which end are the hdmi connections ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom