It does pass though Dolby Vision on my Xbox One X and 4K DVD player. Not sure about the Apple 4K though as I no longer have one.
I remember that there's a cable/connection test on the Apple TV that will tell you the best settings for what it detects. What does that say?
Just tried what you said and it still doesn't have Dolby Vision available? Very strange??

Thank you for pointing that out. I was initially considering the Q90R which would have been too high but this could work.
The problem is now finding a tv stand. I absolutely love the the BDI Corridor 8173 which I know is a favourite among the AV community but I really can't justify the price but then again I can't find anything else as nice so might just have to bite the bullet.
Hey was just reading your post, and I had same concerns when was after the SN11RG. I have C9 and bought a table from Amazon to rise TV slightly. I'm adding link below and photo so you can check. You can adjust table height according to what you want.

Charles Jacobs Dual/Twin Monitor Riser Stand - 100cm Wide - Choice Of Height & Colour Charles Jacobs Dual/Twin Monitor Riser Stand - 100cm Wide - Choice Of Height & Colour: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

IMG_20200531_223401__01.jpg

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Annoyingly out of stock everywhere

Hey was just reading your post, and I had same concerns when was after the SN11RG. I have C9 and bought a table from Amazon to rise TV slightly. I'm adding link below and photo so you can check. You can adjust table height according to what you want.

Charles Jacobs Dual/Twin Monitor Riser Stand - 100cm Wide - Choice Of Height & Colour Charles Jacobs Dual/Twin Monitor Riser Stand - 100cm Wide - Choice Of Height & Colour: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

View attachment 1309844

Thank you. I did already know about this riser and have it saved. I don't know why but I was put off using a riser but yours looks good in the photo. Which height did you go for?

Nope... thanks

Mines being delivered tomorrow.

Box.co.uk

I called them today and they said they had 3.

Thank you. I did already know about this riser and have it saved. I don't know why but I was put off using a riser but yours looks good in the photo. Which height did you go for?
Each leg has a screw and you can adjust height from 8 cm to 12 if not mistaken. Happens when I was holding the table broke one of the legs, so removed them all and use only the screws, and was actually the perfect height to go just a smitch above the soundbar. If not mistaken it's around 3.5 cm height.
My only concern was the TV weight but so far no issues, table can handle 20kg.
LG used to have a stand compatible with soundbar but don't know if works with C9.

Still waiting for the review which talks about measured lowest frequency response. If it is similar to Q90R (28 Hz or even lower) I might give this a try and say sorry to my beloved SVS sub.

However, the subwoofer dimension is not giving me that +ve vibe.

Still waiting for the review which talks about measured lowest frequency response. If it is similar to Q90R (28 Hz or even lower) I might give this a try and say sorry to my beloved SVS sub.

It does sound great for the bass to be honest, but I'm not the kind of person who's going to measure the lowest frequency it can manage. In truth, I don't actually care as long as it sounds good and I can alter the sub volume.
Not sure who'd give this information, as I can see it is of significance to you. Perhaps the RTINGS review will discuss this as they do some pretty weird stats if I recall.

It does sound great for the bass to be honest, but I'm not the kind of person who's going to measure the lowest frequency it can manage. In truth, I don't actually care as long as it sounds good and I can alter the sub volume.
Not sure who'd give this information, as I can see it is of significance to you. Perhaps the RTINGS review will discuss this as they do some pretty weird stats if I recall.

Yeah, rtings does that. Do have a colleague who has a SPL meter but sadly can't meet and borrow due to lockdown.

Just downloaded a subwoofer app on my iphone 11 pro and the woofer d
had no sound at 20Hz or 25Hz but 30Hz nearly shook my house to bits and my ears killed. LOL Not doing that again! But I don't know if this will help?

OK I have now changed my mind about the bass on this thing. It is absolutely perfect in every way for me and the upfiring speakers really do work on this soundbar. I am blown away by how something can sound like it's above your head so much better than the K950

And I have my new 65'' LG CX coming tomorrow!

OK I have now changed my mind about the bass on this thing. It is absolutely perfect in every way for me and the upfiring speakers really do work on this soundbar. I am blown away by how something can sound like it's above your head so much better than the K950

And I have my new 65'' LG CX coming tomorrow!
I agree entirely.
Seems the SN11RG is perfect for my room and the effect of being in a soundfield is exceptional.
In fact, I don't think it could be beaten.

I was just looking around and thought these might be a real good possible solution for me

But even though they're low profiles and hold a lot of weight the damn things have nowhere near the depth required to hold the rears from the SN11 rears, just over 12cm of depth while the SN11 rears require almost 20cm :thumbsdow

If anyone knows of any floating shelf type solutions (that don't cost an arm and a leg) to hold rears like the one's on the SN11 please do let me know.

I was just looking around and thought these might be a real good possible solution for me

But even though they're low profiles and hold a lot of weight the damn things have nowhere near the depth required to hold the rears from the SN11 rears, just over 12cm of depth while the SN11 rears require almost 20cm :thumbsdow

If anyone knows of any floating shelf type solutions (that don't cost an arm and a leg) to hold rears like the one's on the SN11 please do let me know.
The rear speakers And soundbar come with wall mounting brackets? They are a shelf type I suppose

Attachments

• 481EA0E8-81B8-48D0-B19B-E75743AB99C9.jpeg
    481EA0E8-81B8-48D0-B19B-E75743AB99C9.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 432
The rear speakers And soundbar come with wall mounting brackets? They are a shelf type I suppose

So brackets are provided for the rears? could really make me consider one if this is the case.

SilverGreedyFinch-size_restricted.gif

Me thinking about getting a soundbar with rear speakers after constantly mentioning how my room is too small to accommodate them
Get this, try it and if it's not what you're after, return it.
I'd say there's a 90% chance you'd choose to keep it when you hear it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom