If anyones having trouble getting one of these John Lewis have stock

Just wondering how uou all have your rears.? Wall mounted stands?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
My plan is to somehow make the lg rears sit on this stand..im thinking of superglueing a bolt or nut to the rear of the speaker...

Attachments

• 15912506174102122430121570480376.jpg
    15912506174102122430121570480376.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 159
My plan is to somehow make the lg rears sit on this stand..im thinking of superglueing a bolt or nut to the rear of the speaker...
You'd probably be able to use the wall mount that's included to fix it onto this.
I'll take a look at the mounts and see later on.

I think Sonos will be better with bass response as the sub is meant to do 25Hz.

I think Sonos will be better with bass response as the sub is meant to do 25Hz.
If that's the case, then it's a decision that a prospective owner would have to make:
Slightly lower bass response vs an extra 4 speakers and DTS decoding, also around £350 cheaper.

Personally, I don't think that's a difficult decision to make.

If that's the case, then it's a decision that a prospective owner would have to make:
Slightly lower bass response vs an extra 4 speakers and DTS decoding, also around £350 cheaper.

Personally, I don't think that's a difficult decision to make.

Yeah I get you. I am all ready to give this a.workout when it arrives. All I need is things working without any basic issues and a decent soundstage with appropriate LF response.

I am also in the same boat - Sonos v Lg for my new bar. The LG seems to tick all the boxes, and it maybe that unless the Sonos is reviewed very strong, most people would prefer the Sonos if they have other Sonos products around the house or aim to have.

I am also in the same boat - Sonos v Lg for my new bar. The LG seems to tick all the boxes, and it maybe that unless the Sonos is reviewed very strong, most people would prefer the Sonos if they have other Sonos products around the house or aim to have.
That's the hardest thing for a non Sonos fan to understand: the blinkered dedication to the brand.
It's like saying that you'll only buy a soundbar if it comes in your favourite colour, that's how petty it seems to me.

That's the hardest thing for a non Sonos fan to understand: the blinkered dedication to the brand.
It's like saying that you'll only buy a soundbar if it comes in your favourite colour, that's how petty it seems to me.
Hi, I did'nt mean it in a blinkered view - badly worded probably.
If the Arc gets highly rated and/or is reviewed better than the Lg or Samsung bar, then people would naturally prefer it.
The Sonos brand thing is more if people have existing speakers throughout the house that all intergrate together via the app etc. I am also possibly in this - about to refit the kitchen and install a new tv and most probably a Sonos Beam - So i would want intergration between the speakers.

I was in the sonos camp..but as nice as it looks. (Sonos) you are paying a premium for it being sonos. Im sure it will look and sound beautiful. But being more expensive and having the uprising speakers are a definite plus for me.

I'm npt sure as to why sonos haven't looked at the soumdbar market and done a.bundle for somewhere near the price of this.

I was in the sonos camp..but as nice as it looks. (Sonos) you are paying a premium for it being sonos. Im sure it will look and sound beautiful. But being more expensive and having the uprising speakers are a definite plus for me.

I'm npt sure as to why sonos haven't looked at the soumdbar market and done a.bundle for somewhere near the price of this.
I thought Sonos would have at least matched the specs of the Q90 as that's been out for a year.

Anyone who's heard an Atmos soundbar with 2 upfiring speakers compared to 4 upfiring speakers will attest to the difference. It is not the same as the subwoofer fallacy, in which people think that 2 subwoofers adds a different channel to the bass (companies are even allowed to state 5.2 in a spec sheet, which is really inconsistent with the whole convention).
The extra 2 ceiling speakers make a huge difference if your ceiling is perfectly flat.

I thought Sonos would have at least matched the specs of the Q90 as that's been out for a year.

Anyone who's heard an Atmos soundbar with 2 upfiring speakers compared to 4 upfiring speakers will attest to the difference. It is not the same as the subwoofer fallacy, in which people think that 2 subwoofers adds a different channel to the bass (companies are even allowed to state 5.2 in a spec sheet, which is really inconsistent with the whole convention).
The extra 2 ceiling speakers make a huge difference if your ceiling is perfectly flat.

I agree here. Having sound above from both the front and back is great! Does the Sonos only come with front upward firing speakers?

I agree here. Having sound above from both the front and back is great! Does the Sonos only come with front upward firing speakers?

Think yes.

Aforementioned their products are for existing loyal fanbase. They are not ideal for the folks who wants a feature packed product with an open ecosystem and support for multiple formats.

Apple and Sonos rely on unconditional love from their fanbase lol.

@Talkshowchris

Please can you let me know the purpose of the USB port in the soundbar? Is it for playing audio files only or can it play other formats?

Think yes.

Aforementioned their products are for existing loyal fanbase. They are not ideal for the folks who wants a feature packed product with an open ecosystem and support for multiple formats.

@Talkshowchris

Please can you let me know the purpose of the USB port in the soundbar? Is it for playing audio files only or can it play other formats?
I haven't used the USB function, but the manual states all the formats it plays and they are all audio formats.

Screenshot_20200604_101831.jpg

Think yes.

@Talkshowchris

So even if you buy the expensive rears, they still don't have upfiring speakers?

So even if you buy the expensive rears, they still don't have upfiring speakers?

Yes. I don't see any rear upfiring speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom