brand-dark.svg
About our ads

Attached some pics. These are now behind my couch temporarily as got a 8 year boy in the house :)

Forgot to mention that I got 3m leads separatly as the one supplied in the package was short.

Also these are Universal stands that can hold most speakers weighing up to 5 Kg.
Can you buy seperate power cables for the rears then?

Last edited:
I am new here, from San Diego, Ca. I have the LG SN11RG, and have been enjoying videos with a Panasonic UB820 player and an LG OLED E9. I am extremely happy with the soundbar but have a question. I can’t seem to passthrough Dolby Vision from the Panny to the soundbar to the TV with eARC. I have instead hooked up the Panny audio to the soundbar and Panny video directly to the TV using the dual outputs. I then get Dolby Vision, and no sound cutouts, when before I would get sound cutouts by hooking the Panny Audio/Visual HDMI directly to the soundbar and the soundbar hooked to the TV via eARC. Have you guys experienced this, too?

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that the speakers can be positioned at angles without having to move the entire stand. Just have to loosen the screw, rotate the tube to position the speaker and then tighten the screw back.

Also you can set at 2 different heights.

Multipurpose universal speaker stand for £48 is a bargain IMO.

The stands and power leads both compliment the rear speakers, so thanks for your link too as I purchased two of them.

How long are the cables that come with the soundbar? These look a good option if they're too short

How long are the cables that come with the soundbar? These look a good option if they're too short

The rear ones are about 5 ft. It wasn't good enough or me, so replaced with a longer cable.

The rest are about 1 - 1.5m which is okay.

The surround effects are now even better after placing the rears on the stands.

I am new here, from San Diego, Ca. I have the LG SN11RG, and have been enjoying videos with a Panasonic UB820 player and an LG OLED E9. I am extremely happy with the soundbar but have a question. I can’t seem to passthrough Dolby Vision from the Panny to the soundbar to the TV with eARC. I have instead hooked up the Panny audio to the soundbar and Panny video directly to the TV using the dual outputs. I then get Dolby Vision, and no sound cutouts, when before I would get sound cutouts by hooking the Panny Audio/Visual HDMI directly to the soundbar and the soundbar hooked to the TV via eARC. Have you guys experienced this, too?
I have a ub820 too, but no eARC, just ARC w/ an lg e8. I have it plugged directly into the bar and I haven’t had a problem with Dolby vision passthrough. I just picked up Thor ragnarok, can try that. Does it pass HDR10 just fine? I turned off HDR10+ function as the bar specifically doesn’t handle it. I don’t know if that makes a difference. I have an Nvidia shield also hooked up the soundbar and it passes through Dolby vision just fine too

Last edited:
I have a ub820 too, but no eARC, just ARC w/ an lg e8. I have it plugged directly into the bar and I haven’t had a problem with Dolby vision passthrough. I just picked up Thor ragnarok, can try that. Does it pass HDR10 just fine? I turned off HDR10+ function as the bar specifically doesn’t handle it. I don’t know if that makes a difference. I have an Nvidia shield also hooked up the soundbar and it passes through Dolby vision just fine too
Don't forget you also have two HDMI ports on the UB820 so you can run a HDMI cable to the E9 for video and a separate HDMI cable to the SN11RG for audio.

Anyone who has The Meg, give it a go. Should give your sound system a nice workout. Very active surrounds and good use of height channels.

Anyone encountered an issue where the bar is only showing OPT and not ARC? Cycling thru the inputs does nothing. It stays on OPT even though I connected via HDMI/ARC from my TV (my TV detects it and switches to External Speaker System). Have to press on the POWER button to restart the bar in order for it to work again.

On a side note, I got these cheap but affective stands from Amazon since the ones listed earlier are not available in the US.

Amazon product ASIN B003WMUXGE
Just need to buy thicker foam/rubber pads to lock the speakers in place.

Gave Aquaman a quick spin to check how it fairs on the soundbar against my separates. I must admit I was disappointed mainly due to the lack of seismic bass. This is where physics come into play and these soundbar subs falls flat. :(

It was really a bittersweet experience as everything else sounded as it should but the lack of deep bass was a letdown. I am very tempted to go back to separates or keep looking for a # x.1.4 soundbar that comes with a powerful sub or a wired sub-out.

Last edited:
Is this soundbar, or ones in this price range, worth the money if the vast majority of my content will be streaming apps (through LG C9 apps), plus some ps4?

I get I wouldn't get full blown atmos etc, but just want to check I will still get decent upside in quality, Compared with say, a c£500 soundbar model without rear speakers?

Also I'm confused by all the talk suggesting some content won't be sent correctly to the rear speakers due to the format (instead to the front bar sides). Is that an issue using the C9 streaming apps?

Thanks

Is this soundbar, or ones in this price range, worth the money if the vast majority of my content will be streaming apps (through LG C9 apps), plus some ps4?

I get I wouldn't get full blown atmos etc, but just want to check I will still get decent upside in quality, Compared with say, a c£500 soundbar model without rear speakers?

Also I'm confused by all the talk suggesting some content won't be sent correctly to the rear speakers due to the format (instead to the front bar sides). Is that an issue using the C9 streaming apps?

Thanks

Some folks are facing issues dodgy eARC on their LG TVs. Otherwise, the C9 which has eARC should be able to pass full fat Atmos / DTS-X via eARC to the soundbar. If you want to be placed in the sound bubble and enjoy proper object based sound, then rears with upfiring speakers are a MUST.

Of course, it won't beat a dedicated overhead ceiling speakers but upfiring rear will offer that 360 surround + overhead sound experience.

Sold the TV I bought to get the discount from curry’s. The soundbar has now only cost me £369.00. Absolute bargain. I know some have mentioned the bass, but I really can’t see the issue. The bass on mine is so deep I have to turn it down. It’s a beast of a bass.

Gave Aquaman a quick spin to check how it fairs on the soundbar against my separates. I must admit I was disappointed mainly due to the lack of seismic bass. This is where physics come into play and these soundbar subs falls flat. :(

It was really a bittersweet experience as everything else sounded as it should but the lack of deep bass was a letdown. I am very tempted to go back to separates or keep looking for a # x.1.4 soundbar that comes with a powerful sub or a wired sub-out.
Your in a quandary. I think from previous posts you've recognised it can never quite get to separates quality but it's a reasonable compromise to keep your partner happy. I think you probably need to wait until you get your man cave conversion with your separates back until you'll be truly happy.

Your in a quandary. I think from previous posts you've recognised it can never quite get to separates quality but it's a reasonable compromise to keep your partner happy. I think you probably need to wait until you get your man cave conversion with your separates back until you'll be truly happy.
I agree. One minute it’s the best, next it’s it so good on his posts. I think he’s compromised a little and will need to go back to separates to get the results he desires. I for one think this bar is a beast of a machine and love it. That’s coming from Samsung K950, then N950.

I am going to try connecting my TV's headphone jack to my SVS sub and see if I can get sound from both the soundbar and the external sub without any sync issues.
Not sure if this would work but going to give it a try.

Thanks for your reply! HDR10 passes through, but not Dolby Vision. I turned off HDR10+ on the ub820 but that didn’t make a difference. I am fine using the dual outputs for sound and video. It’s just slightly annoying because according to the specs of the SN11RG, I should be able to passthrough Dolby Vision. Can’t wait to see Thor Ranarok, I heard it has a nice Atmos track.

With LG OLED TVs this is definitely true. Auto does allows the compressed (DD+ as opposed to Dolby True HD) Atmos, which will still register as Atmos on the bar. This compressed Atmos will sound good too, so people who aren't familiar with the difference will likely think all is fine.
I have a Sony A9G..do you think the pass through issue versus auto impacts Sony and non LG’s?

And if I plug 3 HDMI into my tv directly, and then eARC to the bar that should work fine? Not sure if it would also allow support to one extra HDMI if plugged into bar directly, totaling 4 total HDMI inputs?

I had a less than optimal experience with the Sennheiser ambeo connected to a SVS sub so trying to make sure I’m not going to run into too many issues with this system. The lack of rears on the ambeo and other issues were disappointing but from just about everything I’ve read on this thread, I’m feeling pretty confident pulling the trigger on the LG.

Last edited:
Can someone confirm that despite what's LG saying on their website the sn11rg actually does NOT have HDMI 2.1?
I know that that there are no 2.1 devices yet, but LG 9/X tv and Xbox one x owners. When u plug the x box directly to soundbar is the VRR available as it is on Xbox-Tv connection?

Some folks are facing issues dodgy eARC on their LG TVs. Otherwise, the C9 which has eARC should be able to pass full fat Atmos / DTS-X via eARC to the soundbar. If you want to be placed in the sound bubble and enjoy proper object based sound, then rears with upfiring speakers are a MUST.

Of course, it won't beat a dedicated overhead ceiling speakers but upfiring rear will offer that 360 surround + overhead sound experience.
Thanks, though my concern with spending the money is that its unlikely I will have a UhD blu ray set up, so vast majority of content will be netflix/amazon/etc streamed from the C9 in built app. My understanding is that is DD+ rather than full atmos - so I guess my question is also whether a soundbar of this quality is worth the cost for that. Bearing in mind Im upgrading from just tv speaker at the moment!

Thanks for your reply! HDR10 passes through, but not Dolby Vision. I turned off HDR10+ on the ub820 but that didn’t make a difference. I am fine using the dual outputs for sound and video. It’s just slightly annoying because according to the specs of the SN11RG, I should be able to passthrough Dolby Vision. Can’t wait to see Thor Ranarok, I heard it has a nice Atmos track.

Thor Ragnarok ranks amongst the top 5 worst Atmos mix on physical media. Its dynamic range and bass are extremely compressed. Even BEQ didn't help the folks with BEQ capability. Same applies to the DTS HD MA mix on the BD.

Thanks, though my concern with spending the money is that its unlikely I will have a UhD blu ray set up, so vast majority of content will be netflix/amazon/etc streamed from the C9 in built app. My understanding is that is DD+ rather than full atmos - so I guess my question is also whether a soundbar of this quality is worth the cost for that. Bearing in mind Im upgrading from just tv speaker at the moment!

Of course it a big step up over the TV speakers provided the soundbar has a subwoofer.and rear speakers.

Can someone confirm that despite what's LG saying on their website the sn11rg actually does NOT have HDMI 2.1?
I know that that there are no 2.1 devices yet, but LG 9/X tv and Xbox one x owners. When u plug the x box directly to soundbar is the VRR available as it is on Xbox-Tv connection?

To the best of my knowledge its just eARC
Let me know if you come across a soundbar with full fat HDMI 2.1 support.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom