Hello guys,

After so many messages about ATMOS performance etc. (sent also by me) I would like to share you with my latest discovery about the sound experience.
Many people wrote here, also I that ATMOS is not so good, the sound is "compressed", the surround effect is weak and so on. Movies in other sound formats are great, but ATMOS is disappointing.
But yesterday I've started to watch Stranger Things Season 4 on Netflix and I was amazed how it sounded! The sound was pretty good, clear, strong with good surround effects, completely different to what I've been listening before. It seems that somehow this show is well processed by the soundbar.
Then I downloaded for instance latest Fantastic Beasts with ATMOS and again, the sound comapred to ST was again poor, there was a huge difference.
What it means for me? That the device is not so bad, it can produce decent sound, but it is dependent on the source.
Well after watching stranger things season 4 myself tonight, I can confirm that it's the best this bar has ever sounded! I mean seriously I felt like I was actually there with the characters. Phenomenal. Just goes to show that with the right content this bar can sound great! (I tried both Nov 2 firmware and current firmware and I can say in my experience the Nov 2 firmware had much better atmos effects but the overall soundstage seemed less cinematic like the bass response was still there but something about the sound didn't seem as punchy and grand as on the current firmware. When going back to current firmware even the wife said it seemed more punchy and the directional effects more blended in with the rest of the scene if that makes sense. But atmos on Nov 2 was a whole lot better. Again I'll be testing more of this over the weekend. Tha ks everyone for your help. I'm enjoying this bar now

Ha ha
I've had mine to 26 in the early days watching Lord of the Rings.
Stupidly increased the volume ( from 20 I think ) as Missus complaining about not hearing dialogue very well and not realising that by adjusting Centre to 2 would do the trick...
OMG I can still vividly recall the scene where the Hobbits are huddled under the tree bough and the Ring Wraiths come from behind and overhead.
The screeching made the hairs on the back of our necks stand on end and rattled our eardrums!
Then the thumping flapping of huge wings moving off into the distance...
It was FANTASTIC.
But common sense now prevails and 16 to 18 usually now is PLENTY loud enough and we have a large room which is ideally suited to home theatre.
26 was BLOODY LOUD and it did sound very realistic and no sign of any distress to the bar or distortion but I do wonder about anything over 30 especially with a robust soundtrack.
Bloody hell I reckon it would either blow the windows out or the bar itself....
Not willing to try it ha ha
I too have the sub down at -3 and find this is good for me as anything less is a bit over the top ( for me).
Cheers

How are you guys settling for anything below 20? I had to crank my mate's bar up to 26 or 28 for any decent volume on standard (non atmos) mode. Played off connecting from a PC running Windows 10 connected directly to the soundbar.

Don't know about others but I only watch BluRay and 4K BluRay discs....
No streaming /gaming or the like and absolutely NO issues with volume levels!
When I do watch broadcast TV 10 -12 vol is good.
Cheers

How are you guys settling for anything below 20? I had to crank my mate's bar up to 26 or 28 for any decent volume on standard (non atmos) mode. Played off connecting from a PC running Windows 10 connected directly to the soundbar.
If I go above 10 i start to get the look from the Mrs 12 is probably as high as I can go before I get the nudge to turn it down lol I wonder if its if you've done ai calibration or not? I don't use it as I don't see any point there's no difference to me to how it sounds. But I did notice when I used ai cal I had to crank the volume a bit more. Either that or maybe it's a PC thing?

Don't know about others but I only watch BluRay and 4K BluRay discs....
No streaming /gaming or the like and absolutely NO issues with volume levels!
When I do watch broadcast TV 10 -12 vol is good.
Cheers
Same I run HD broadcast TV about 8, 9 or 10 depending. Atmos around 7, occasionally 8. Other dts/dolby 8,9 or 10 depending. Sounds plenty loud enough with streaming or disc based content.

Watched the new Beasts Dumbledore film last night on HBO MAX and the sound was breathtaking - usually around 20 -22 for me - on standard sound setting.

Dave

If I go above 10 i start to get the look from the Mrs 12 is probably as high as I can go before I get the nudge to turn it down lol I wonder if its if you've done ai calibration or not? I don't use it as I don't see any point there's no difference to me to how it sounds. But I did notice when I used ai cal I had to crank the volume a bit more. Either that or maybe it's a PC thing?
Have tried ai calibration the last time but have since reset it and left it on default. Those volumes were played off Youtube videos and Spotify; still had to settle for some 18 - 20 ish volume if they are on Movie mode or watching any films on Netflix.

Full set of new software just installed as I just switched on…

Attachments

• 0FE03D67-B788-4B9F-9471-685DB5CFD397.jpeg
    0FE03D67-B788-4B9F-9471-685DB5CFD397.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 175
Have tried ai calibration the last time but have since reset it and left it on default. Those volumes were played off Youtube videos and Spotify; still had to settle for some 18 - 20 ish volume if they are on Movie mode or watching any films on Netflix.
I must admit using YouTube I need to raise volume quite a bit in some cases but I put that down to certain content creators having seriously bad audio mixes tbh. But movies and TV shows I rarely go above 12. But hey whatever sounds great is personal preference at the end of the day, just glad people are enjoying this bar now. Hope this recent firmware doesn't ruin that and only improves it

Screenshot_20220604-195604_LG Sound Bar.jpg
I'm also on this firmware version. Is this a new version then? Cant keep up lol Haven't really watched much today. Will watch stuff in a bit and test it tonight if so..

This is the same firmware I'm on now.
In April I was on 2202222 micom 2110221 and all was ok then in early May micom updated to 2202091 ( I think it had a couple of attempts but it did update ) and I think I may have issues with Atmos and the centre channel....???
The overall Atmos is very good but sometimes in some movies a heavy musical score can make the dialogue a bit hard to hear / understand.
I can put the centre to 3 or 4 ( from +2 now )and it's better but don't recall having to have it that high before?
I'd be interested to hear others thoughts with the same firmware though.....
Cheers
Ps it may be that I'm just an old git with dodgy ears after a lifetime of riding motorbikes though!

Full set of new software just installed as I just switched on…
This is not new but merely the update most of us have had for months.

G'day
I watched Lucy ( 4k ) last night and no issues with centre and dialogue.Quite a soundtrack too and I thought the movie wasn't bad despite a few critics panning it..
To check it further also watched the original Top Gun and same no issues.
So to be sure watched the opening 30minutes or so of Saving Private Ryan....Still stunning!!
All in all starting to think my original worries were really in the movies mix and not the bar.
Would still like to hear others thoughts / impressions all the same.
Cheers

Hi everyone,

I had the firmware update back in November that bricked my subwoofer. LG finally had the PCB (part EBR89625801) back in stock so I coughed up the $88 w/ tax and shipping.

It was very easy to swap the boards, just a series of screws and 3 connectors to the PCB itself.

However I am getting no power (no little green light on the back). My old PCB board would at least power up, but it wouldn’t connect. So… I guess I’m in worse shape now as I can’t even get a little green light and I’m short another $88 on top of the $1,400 I wasted on this junk.

Of course when I called LG a few months ago they said tough luck. Go to technician.

Is there anything special I need to know about installing the PCB? Has anyone else had any luck ordering this part and replacing it?

Please let me know if you have, thank you.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

my lgsn11rg is out of sync enabling pcm is ony solution i can find, however this isnt great due to no atmos and low quality audio. ive tried to the av sync on the app but i cant it perfecly right. ive spent hours using this tool with no success.i do have have passthrough enabled , does anyone have any ideas

can explain how bass and treble works and what settings should you have them on , i had no idea what should be higher and lower ? also what are your bass /treble settings ?

Bass is the deep rumble from the front and rear speakers, not the sub. Treble is the opposite, it highlights the background sounds. That's my understanding of it anyway. Anyone else care to pitch in? My settings are bass 0, treble 5. Nov #2 firmware with most recent woofer update. Sub is set on - 6.

1. Make sure you have DRC - OFF
2. Auto Volume - OFF

My settings (running hot as I am coming from separates):

1. WF +1
2. Bass + 3
3. Treble + 3
4. Center + 1
5. OVC + 3
6. Rear + 2
6. OVR + 3

Movie mode - for Movies
Music mode - for Music

Soundbar usually come alive at volume >= 14 for day time in my room.

Apologies for responding to an old post.

I'm new to an LG SN11, and am trying to maximise its sound potential. I've downloaded/installed the LG app & the Google app, and I've had a tentative fiddle with the various sound modes.

But what's best? My Googling has lead me to discover that (apparently) the only way to use the highly regarded Meridian Sound technology , is by using "Standard" sound effect?

If that's the case, what's the point in "Movie" , "Music" "Bass Boost", "AI Sound Pro" ?

Apologies once again for the questions. I just want to fully appreciate my SN11 & all it can provide me with.

Thank you

Coops

I'm having issues with both my SN11RG soundbars.
I think it's connected to only YouTube and not movies streamed from Plex, but sometimes sound from the rear speakers stops working for a few seconds. And sometimes only left or right.
It's quite annoying.

I had AI Sound Pro as a sound effect and thought that might be an issue, but changing this to Movie Mode did not help.
I'm on the latest firmware and this happens on both my LG B2 and Samsung Q85A tvs.

This is a rather new issue that did not happen before. And since it's affecting both sound bars, I don't think this is a cable, TV or the rear speaker issue.
Was there an update in the past 2 or so weeks that started causing this?
Any ideas?

Apologies for responding to an old post.

I'm new to an LG SN11, and am trying to maximise its sound potential. I've downloaded/installed the LG app & the Google app, and I've had a tentative fiddle with the various sound modes.

But what's best? My Googling has lead me to discover that (apparently) the only way to use the highly regarded Meridian Sound technology , is by using "Standard" sound effect?

If that's the case, what's the point in "Movie" , "Music" "Bass Boost", "AI Sound Pro" ?

Apologies once again for the questions. I just want to fully appreciate my SN11 & all it can provide me with.

Thank you

Coops
The best sound mode without doubt is AI sound pro especially for movies and tv. I’ve tested all the modes and this the best it gives the most equal sound and the best voice clarity.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom