Hi Guys,

i am after some help, turned on my TV today to watch a movie and it seems I have no sub woofer, looked on the back of the speaker no lights at all ? checked power cord all seems ok! just nothing from my active woofer.

any advice or help would be brilliant.

thanks

Lee
Disable auto power (off)😉

I had the same problem, the sub shutting down everytime i switch app or other content.

The sub shutting down in a few seconds.

well if you go to Bestbuy.com the Samsung Q950A is on sale is the same price as the LG. Does anyone know or have heard if LG is coming out with more firmware for this bar, its better than it was but still room for improvement is the LG SP11RA never came to US and doesn't look like it will since we are in the last quarter of the year and sure that the 2022 model will come to US then and skip the 11RA since it was so similar to the SN11R

I have it on apple tv and I don't have any issues with the sound so should be great on disk

Enjoy, and remember "Charlie don't surf"
Thanks mate.
I actually got it for $24 as JB HiFi had a sale on...yay.
So if it's a dud it won't have hit the hip pocket nerve as much,
Probably watch it next couple of weeks and will let people know if interested...
Cheers

well if you go to Bestbuy.com the Samsung Q950A is on sale is the same price as the LG. Does anyone know or have heard if LG is coming out with more firmware for this bar, its better than it was but still room for improvement is the LG SP11RA never came to US and doesn't look like it will since we are in the last quarter of the year and sure that the 2022 model will come to US then and skip the 11RA since it was so similar to the SN11R
I have sent emails to LG/Meridian and Dolby and haven't heard anything yet...

Hi Guys,

i am after some help, turned on my TV today to watch a movie and it seems I have no sub woofer, looked on the back of the speaker no lights at all ? checked power cord all seems ok! just nothing from my active woofer.

any advice or help would be brilliant.

thanks

Lee
See my posts previously, I sent mine back to Richer sounds as I had the same/similar issue with the sub not connecting.

Richer sounds had it for 2 weeks and it wouldn't work still so they gave me a brand new fully boxed replacement

See my posts previously, I sent mine back to Richer sounds as I had the same/similar issue with the sub not connecting.

Richer sounds had it for 2 weeks and it wouldn't work still so they gave me a brand new fully boxed replacement
thank you mate, I just returned mine to curry's now, hopefully i get the same outcome.

Just bought my SN11RG from box.co.uk. Will be here tomorrow. I currently have the samsung K950 so I am hoping its gonna be better than my K950. Will report back and do a quick review once setup. Can't wait!
what's wrong with the K950?

still the same, no rears but green lights on and sub no lights at all.

Lee
I have this issue. Ultimately spoke to LG via Twitter and they charged me $150 + tax because it was out of warranty. Shipping it to California to get it fixed. Waiting for the boxes to arrive.

any firmware update like lg sp11 ? It seems to be great ^^
I've been watching that thread also...
They seem to be quite happy with their recent update.
So I fired off another email to LG last night asking when we'll see our update...
Cheers

Hi guys, I was able to get the source files of the June 2021 firmware update (the one deployed OTA). Provided by LG France for information. Files currently uploaded to Google Drive and link in my YT channel. If anyone interested (was initially asked by a YT watching my channel).

Last edited:
D25C2249-8032-4C1A-9931-9FFD9E157515.jpeg
Hello Guys,

I have been using the LG for quite a while now with my Sony A8H in E-ARC mode and have a few things to share that I noticed during usage:

1. When using the LG for playing games with a PS4 or PS5 make sure to set the Audio Format in the Sound settings to DTS to get proper channel mapping. LPCM is still kind of crappy with the current FW and the Dolby Decoder seems to perform worse then the DTS one for gaming.

2. After a lot of tinkering, I got following settings that work really well for my room. I find that “Music” Mode seems to do the least amount of Sound manipulation and therefore sounds the most natural to me. I use this mode + speaker settings in the screenshot for all use cases dispite some older movies, that have a thin sounding audio track. In this case I use “Movie” mode as it artificially tries to enhance Dynamic Range, which however gets way out of hand for newer movies as the Dynamic Range is already large enough there. Also I do not use the “Sourround” setting, rather “original” for Music mode. This setting is irrelevant for Movie mode (you can always keep it at “original”), as it has no effect, because it always uses the Dolby up mixer or DTS Upmixer in this sound mode depending on the setting. I personally prefer the Dolby Upmixer for older movies in movie mode.

I just checked the SP11RA thread and it looks like 2 x people here in Australia had their new bar updated in the last couple of days!
They seem very happy with it too...
My last update for the SN11RG was 6/21 as per others here and am hoping LG might get their act together and provide us with a new one sometime soon.
Wonder if the update for the SP would work in ours??
Cheers

View attachment 1589929Hello Guys,

I have been using the LG for quite a while now with my Sony A8H in E-ARC mode and have a few things to share that I noticed during usage:

1. When using the LG for playing games with a PS4 or PS5 make sure to set the Audio Format in the Sound settings to DTS to get proper channel mapping. LPCM is still kind of crappy with the current FW and the Dolby Decoder seems to perform worse then the DTS one for gaming.

2. After a lot of tinkering, I got following settings that work really well for my room. I find that “Music” Mode seems to do the least amount of Sound manipulation and therefore sounds the most natural to me. I use this mode + speaker settings in the screenshot for all use cases dispite some older movies, that have a thin sounding audio track. In this case I use “Movie” mode as it artificially tries to enhance Dynamic Range, which however gets way out of hand for newer movies as the Dynamic Range is already large enough there. Also I do not use the “Sourround” setting, rather “original” for Music mode. This setting is irrelevant for Movie mode (you can always keep it at “original”), as it has no effect, because it always uses the Dolby up mixer or DTS Upmixer in this sound mode depending on the setting. I personally prefer the Dolby Upmixer for older movies in movie mode.
Do mean sound settings in the Playstation or the TV itself? Change it from Linear PCM? I have the LG set to earc passthrough and the PS4 set to linear pcm.
PCM was always the recommended setting for PlayStation.

Do mean sound settings in the Playstation or the TV itself? Change it from Linear PCM? I have the LG set to earc passthrough and the PS4 set to linear pcm.
PCM was always the recommended setting for PlayStation.
Yes absolutely. The LPCM mapping of the LG is broken (was mentioned in this thread a few pages ago). In theory you get a little bit more lag (which I don’t notice) but the channel mapping is correct, which is far more important. Try it in last of us 2 or any other game with a good sound, you get a far better 360 experience.

Yes absolutely. The LPCM mapping of the LG is broken (was mentioned in this thread a few pages ago). In theory you get a little bit more lag (which I don’t notice) but the channel mapping is correct, which is far more important. Try it in last of us 2 or any other game with a good sound, you get a far better 360 experience.
I thought the channel mapping was fixed ages ago for PCM via firmware?

That's why the option was added to the LG sound bar app for surround to have original sound or surround. Channels map correctly after enabling original unless I'm mistaken?

Last edited:
I just checked the SP11RA thread and it looks like 2 x people here in Australia had their new bar updated in the last couple of days!
They seem very happy with it too...
My last update for the SN11RG was 6/21 as per others here and am hoping LG might get their act together and provide us with a new one sometime soon.
Wonder if the update for the SP would work in ours??
Cheers
Long time lurker - wanted to say thank you for all your efforts trying to get Atmos issues sorted. I'd been able to mostly ignore until watching The Greatest Showman with family tonight. Even my partner's sister (very much not fussed by anything AV) noticed the sound was way off and muffled in all the big songs. It's made me feel really down about this bar which I otherwise love for games and movies in other formats! Hopefully we get a solution but I'm starting to give up hope.

Long time lurker - wanted to say thank you for all your efforts trying to get Atmos issues sorted. I'd been able to mostly ignore until watching The Greatest Showman with family tonight. Even my partner's sister (very much not fussed by anything AV) noticed the sound was way off and muffled in all the big songs. It's made me feel really down about this bar which I otherwise love for games and movies in other formats! Hopefully we get a solution but I'm starting to give up hope.
No worries..
I'm beginning to think they'll just keep ignoring the issue but I'll keep it up!
Weird how it's not all Atmos movies as some are very good.
Thanks for the heads up about The Greatest Showman by the way.
Others I've found issues with
Jupiter Ascending ( Muted gunfire in heavy action )
10 Cloverfield Lane ( the car crash at the start is very muted but rest pretty good, good movie as well)
Elysium ( muted gunfire - not watched again after update 6/21 )
Oblivion ( slightly muted gunfire but better after 6/21 update )
Mortal Engines ( slightly muted gunfire and chase scene- not watched again after update )
Baby Driver ( muted in heavy action ) couldn't be bothered watching it again.
Apart from Jupiter Ascending and Baby Driver ( I thought they were crap movies )the others I could watch again as the issue doesn't ruin the whole movie.
Then again we shouldn't have to put up with the issue in the first place!
I mention these movies as a heads up to others so at least people will be forewarned before spending their hard earned on the discs..
Ha ha my wife cracks it now and again when I buy movies so can't afford too many duds !
Cheers

I thought the channel mapping was fixed ages ago for PCM via firmware?

That's why the option was added to the LG sound bar app for surround to have original sound or surround. Channels map correctly after enabling original unless I'm mistaken?
You are absolutely right. Sorry for causing some confusion, I was previously testing LPCM with the option set to Surround, which of course is the wrong setting in this case.

No worries..
I'm beginning to think they'll just keep ignoring the issue but I'll keep it up!
Weird how it's not all Atmos movies as some are very good.
Thanks for the heads up about The Greatest Showman by the way.
Others I've found issues with
Jupiter Ascending ( Muted gunfire in heavy action )
10 Cloverfield Lane ( the car crash at the start is very muted but rest pretty good, good movie as well)
Elysium ( muted gunfire - not watched again after update 6/21 )
Oblivion ( slightly muted gunfire but better after 6/21 update )
Mortal Engines ( slightly muted gunfire and chase scene- not watched again after update )
Baby Driver ( muted in heavy action ) couldn't be bothered watching it again.
Apart from Jupiter Ascending and Baby Driver ( I thought they were crap movies )the others I could watch again as the issue doesn't ruin the whole movie.
Then again we shouldn't have to put up with the issue in the first place!
I mention these movies as a heads up to others so at least people will be forewarned before spending their hard earned on the discs..
Ha ha my wife cracks it now and again when I buy movies so can't afford too many duds !
Cheers
I would add The Matrix Trilogy (Gunshots very muted) to that, sounded way off to my ears when compared to a Sonos Setup.

Just noticed there's a software update option on the app. First time I've noticed this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211024_103051_com.lge.media.lgsoundbar.jpg
    Screenshot_20211024_103051_com.lge.media.lgsoundbar.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 86

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom