LG Smart tv, hdmi loss of second output on standby

tonyf

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I have recently installed an LG 42LM670 3D smart tv. I have a sky HD box connected to it and to a second Panasonic LCD tv via a 1x2 powered HDMI splitter amplifier. The problem I have is while both tv's are on I get a picture at both tv's, however if I switch the smart tv to standby after about 30 seconds to a minute I lose the signal to the second tv and have a blank screen, if I turn the smart tv on again the picture returns to the second tv. Even if I pull the mains power on the smart tv I still have no picture at the second tv, however if I pull out the HDMI cable from the smart tv the signal returns to the second television.
I have changed HDMI cables and turned off the smart link feature on the smart tv.
I also have a PS3 connected to the smart tv and another tv in my games room, this is on an independant HDMI circuit but the same set up as above ie powered 1x2 splitter box and this has the same problem.
Is it a HDMI splitter compatability problem or a signal coming back from the smart tv, I'm at a loss and have spoken to LG but to no avail, any one out there had a similar problem or know a solution. I'm considering getting a manual 1x2,2x1 bi-directional switch between the smart tv and the HDMI splitter to isolate the smart tv when I go tobed rather than keep pulling the HDMI cable out of the smart tv

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom