Question lg sm8600 55inch

halster65

Novice Member
Hi all,

I've been researching this model for some time now, and as of yesterday, it was showing as available to buy from richer sounds. I have checked today, and it isn't on their website anymore! I thought this was a 2019 model, it surely can't be replaced already.or discontinued...

i can buy the SM8050, but i rather have the 8600...

marcd5123

Hi buddy @halster65.. Sorry to say this but you kinda left that late to buy.

I upgraded my previous 2017 Nano 810V back in March this year to 55SM8600 never looked back absolutely love it and alot of improvement 3 generations later.

Anyhow why leave it so late you have to remember that each year models come out around mid/late spring so that's around April at the earliest and that's pretty much each yeah with all major brands from LG, Sony, Panasonic ect they all showcase their new models at the CES shows during January and release new models on retial shelfs late April /May.

John Lewis which I brought mine from, Richer Sounds, Crampton & Moore and Hughes to name some have been selling all the 2019 range for ages now. If you leave to late spring early summer most retailers want to get rid of all the previous year's models. Again it the same cycle each years for most electronics and Mobile phones.

So yes all major retials will start to stock all new models on theirs shelfs for around May time onwards.

You will just have to hunt around now for 2019 models before they just run out. However be careful as the later it gets you start to hit clearance stock or refurb units personally I would absolutely keep clear of refub units unless you go and personally view it your self.

Anyways best of luck 🤞 :thumbsup:

halster65

Novice Member
Im actually kicking myself now!

Thank you for your reply.

The only sm range within my budget is a 8050, thats from JL and RS, currys have the 8200 but need need 5 yrs warranty, which they dont do...

marcd5123

Hi buddy @halster65 ..what ever you do don't buy for the sake of buying a new TV.

Please bare in mind that from the LG SM8600 & SM9000 series were kitted out with way better specs than the entry leval SM8000 models. :lesson:.

As you possibly have now missed out on the window of opportunity I think 🤔 it maybe a wiser decision to hold on to your money till either Black Friday this year or how about holding off till the 1st or 2nd Wave of price reductions on the 2020 N range. Personally if you can't get a SM8600 /9000 model that's not a refurb unit I would just hold off. If that was me.

Just food for throught. I even checked on Amazon UK and they list a few SM8600 units but they are "refurb" again aviod refurd units unless you get a decent warranty 5/6 years. However as you may or may not not these units are definitely subject to "panal lottery".

Anyhow I realy wish you the very best of luck 🤞. If I see any my self I'll drop you a link. :thumbsup:

marcd5123

Hey buddy @halster65 guess what's back in stock at RS.. This time grab it!!!! Quickly :thumbsup: :lesson:

Remember this was selling for £1.3K when it came out last year so your saving a huge amount.

marcd5123

Hey buddy @halster65 tomorrow give them a call at their customer service center first thing and see if its a mistake maybe you can still buy one over the phone worth ago nothing to losse fingers crossed 🤞 for you 👍😊