LG SM8200 Owners and Discussion Thread

Lol I wanted the um7400 too but like yourself it was out of stock.
My brother bought a Samsung tv that has local dimming and it’s just as bad to be honest but I believe it’s needed for hdr content.
To be fair I am more than happy with the tv

What makes you say its needed for HDR content? Isn't just the case that it could enhance the HDR effect, but I don't think its needed for it?

I'm annoyed by the lack of earphone slot on the TV, I got a RCA to 3.5mm, adapter to plug in to the back of the TV, but still no audio comes out of the earphones :( anyone have any suggestions?

What makes you say its needed for HDR content? Isn't just the case that it could enhance the HDR effect, but I don't think its needed for it?
Sorry yeah it helps enhance the affect of hdr content.
I just left mine on medium and I don’t really notice it unless I am watching it at a odd angle then it becomes very apparent

Sorry yeah it helps enhance the affect of hdr content.
I just left mine on medium and I don’t really notice it unless I am watching it at a odd angle then it becomes very apparent

I watch mine straight on, but I watch movies in the dark, and when there's dark scenes it becomes super noticeable. Its less noticeable if watched in a light room, with light scenes

Yeah I tend to watch movies with lights on for some reason.
I will watch a movie tonight with lights off and see how tv performs but to be honest with dimming off I don’t really see any degradation of picture quality so your not really missing much with it off anyway.

Tried to have a bit of a play around tonight... seems "Advanced Controls" is greyed out and "Black Level" when in HDR mode. Same for others?

Was hoping to turn off Dynamic contrast and see if it can improve dark scenes in 4k HDR.

Dynamic contrast can be turned off pal.
Mine is off right now and black levels can only be adjusted for hdmi sources.
Use isf expert mode as it offers up a few more picture options

Ah! It must have been because I had Vivid set. I'll have to try it again later.

Use a Bluetooth headset

Bluetooth is disabled when in Game mode :( I bought a DAC to convert the optical out audio to analogue 3.5mm. It works but turns out there is no way to adjust the volume.

So now I've ordered another DAC with volume adjustment and will see how that goes

so frustrating, my previous TV just had a headphone jack and i didnt have to go through so many hoops, I dont know why modern tv makers cant just include at least one form of analogue audio output, whether headphone jack or rca output

Thanks for the link! Although since they are for the SM8600, would they apply to the 8200? Doesn't the SM8600 have a different, and better panel?

Although, the article doesn't actually say anything regarding Gaming settings anyway, it says to just stick it on Game mode. That's what I'm doing any the moment. For non-gaming settings, I'm following the settings in my first post, from the youtube review, which was specifically for the 8200.

Do let me know if you find anything else!
Likewise 👍🏻

Think this thread has finally got me decent SD/HD image on my Nano81, thanks! :D

Last edited:
Just had a TV update version 04.80.35 how do I check what this has done. Many thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom