Quantcast

LG SL9YG soundbar on a Samsung Q90R 55'' TV? Does it work?

ryancelik93

Im very very confused about the soundbar since it doesn't support Dolby Vision and HDR10+..
Can someone tell me what Dolby Vision and HDR10+ does from a soundbar? what does it have to do with SOUND if it says Dolby Vision? hence the word Vision!
Vision and Sound are two different worlds! im so confused. And what about the HDR10+... what does that even do?
thanks im always learning sorry.

sagaris99

Im very very confused about the soundbar since it doesn't support Dolby Vision and HDR10+..
Can someone tell me what Dolby Vision and HDR10+ does from a soundbar? what does it have to do with SOUND if it says Dolby Vision? hence the word Vision!
Vision and Sound are two different worlds! im so confused. And what about the HDR10+... what does that even do?
thanks im always learning sorry.
no worries, it is confusing!

the shortcomings of the SL9YG is that for video, it can’t passthrough DV/HDR10+ from an external player (Xbox one x, UHD blu ray etc) plugged into it, asking the bar to then passthrough the signal to the TV. It would appear on tv tv as either basic HDR10, or even just 4K.

however, if it isn’t your intention to use the bar as a passthrough, it’ll be fine. Lossy dolby Atmos and dts x will be supported from the Tv over HDMI arc, no problem at all.

ryancelik93

no worries, it is confusing!

the shortcomings of the SL9YG is that for video, it can’t passthrough DV/HDR10+ from an external player (Xbox one x, UHD blu ray etc) plugged into it, asking the bar to then passthrough the signal to the TV. It would appear on tv tv as either basic HDR10, or even just 4K.

however, if it isn’t your intention to use the bar as a passthrough, it’ll be fine. Lossy dolby Atmos and dts x will be supported from the Tv over HDMI arc, no problem at all.
Okay, this might even sound like a sillier question:
If a soundbar would support HDR10+ would that make some movies (HDR content) brighter?
Like...would the soundbar adjust the brightness or color, if the soundbar supports HDR. :L

sagaris99

Okay, this might even sound like a sillier question:
If a soundbar would support HDR10+ would that make some movies (HDR content) brighter?
Like...would the soundbar adjust the brightness or color, if the soundbar supports HDR. :L
Not really.... what it simply means is that it will support HDR10+/DV content passed through it from a source device playing the HDR content. It won’t ‘make it’ HDR10+ if it’s not.

ryancelik93

Not really.... what it simply means is that it will support HDR10+/DV content passed through it from a source device playing the HDR content. It won’t ‘make it’ HDR10+ if it’s not.
Okay gotcha. Which soundbar would you go for if you had Samsung TV.. the Samsung-Q70R or LG-SL9YG? if they had the same price.

sagaris99

Okay gotcha. Which soundbar would you go for if you had Samsung TV.. the Samsung-Q70R or LG-SL9YG? if they had the same price.
sound quality wise, probably pretty equal.... so for compatibility (one remote etc), I’d buy the samsung

ryancelik93

sound quality wise, probably pretty equal.... so for compatibility (one remote etc), I’d buy the samsung
samsung has 330watt and SL9yg has 500watt. im not sure.. ive checked all the reviews, the samsung speakers arent that great for music i heard

sagaris99

samsung has 330watt and SL9yg has 500watt. im not sure.. ive checked all the reviews, the samsung speakers arent that great for music i heard
Ah fair enough, haven’t heard them in person, was going by prices and reviews. Best thing would be to hear them in person and decide 👍

Top Bottom