LG SL8YG

James Woodcock

Novice Member
I have the LG SL8YG soundbar.
For some reason it will only work through optical and not HDMI Arc.
It’s connected to a LG TV and a Sky Q 2TB box, the Xbox passes through the soundbar no problem.
I have tried resetting it, did all the different settings on the TV and it still won’t work. I have swapped the cables around to no avail.

ukRicky10

Novice Member
I have the LG SL8YG soundbar.
For some reason it will only work through optical and not HDMI Arc.
It’s connected to a LG TV and a Sky Q 2TB box, the Xbox passes through the soundbar no problem.
I have tried resetting it, did all the different settings on the TV and it still won’t work. I have swapped the cables around to no avail.

Interestingly you have described an issue that has recently happened to me after 2 years of a successful arc connection.

TV: LG OLED55C9MLB
Soundbar: LG SL9YG

HDMI 1: 4K Firestick
HDMI 2 (ARC): to Soundbar
HDMI 3: PS4

At Christmas, I took the PS4 out to make some space for the tree and trimmings. Since about this time, it now doesn’t recognise ARC and flips to OPT.

Despite resets, different leads, it no longer will recognise ARC.

HDMI 2 will detect and work for the PS4 but just will not recognise the ARC with the sound bar.

LG support are naff and frustrated to lose the ability for Dolby ATMOS.

There’s no real solution to this, but can see that a few people have experienced this.

James Woodcock

Novice Member
Interestingly you have described an issue that has recently happened to me after 2 years of a successful arc connection.

TV: LG OLED55C9MLB
Soundbar: LG SL9YG

HDMI 1: 4K Firestick
HDMI 2 (ARC): to Soundbar
HDMI 3: PS4

At Christmas, I took the PS4 out to make some space for the tree and trimmings. Since about this time, it now doesn’t recognise ARC and flips to OPT.

Despite resets, different leads, it no longer will recognise ARC.

HDMI 2 will detect and work for the PS4 but just will not recognise the ARC with the sound bar.

LG support are naff and frustrated to lose the ability for Dolby ATMOS.

There’s no real solution to this, but can see that a few people have experienced this.
Pleased am not alone, it is annoying, I can still get atmos Via the Xbox, but it’s annoying not having the HDMI ARC through the TV! I don’t particularly want to buy a new one and it’s out of warranty, like I said, it’s all very annoying!

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom