LG SL8YG with OLED C1

mwilson1977

Novice Member
Hi. I’ve just purchased the above soundbar and rigged it to my Tv Via the arc connection. It’s working as the soundbar says arc in the display. the sound is ok, but I’m not convinced the settings on each device it’s connected to are correct. Obviously I want to maximise the benefits of Atmos and any other high quality sound formats where possible

I have a sky Q and Xbox but neither connected directly to the soundbar as it’s connected via arc Direct to the Tv.

whatever I watch, the bar just says arc And the sound no better than ok.

any help on settings within the Tv, Xbox or sky appreciated and if I should be hard wiring differently, including if the hdmi lead has any effect. I hear there are different spec leads, but if it’s working does that mean ithe lead is fine,

thanks in advance.

BryanP75

Novice Member
I just got this sound bar as well, and I feel pretty much the same about the sound.

Did you ever find a fix, or is that just how it is? I pretty much have the same setup as you just a G1 and not a C1

mwilson1977

Novice Member
Hi. Yes so arc is fine but you need to change audio settings in Xbox and sky direct and select atmos. On the Xbox you then download a free Dolby app and in sky I think it’s just somewhere in audio settings.

Works a treat now.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom