LG SL8YG Soundbar

LG 55C8, LG SK9Y SkyQ, unable to get Dolby Atmos on the sound bar, connected by HMDI ARC on TV and soundbar. when I play atmos content the sound bar displays ARC and not atmos any suggestions please

LG 55C8, LG SK9Y SkyQ, unable to get Dolby Atmos on the sound bar, connected by HMDI ARC on TV and soundbar. when I play atmos content the sound bar displays ARC and not atmos any suggestions please

How are you playing Atmos content? Grab the Dolby app on the TV and test some demos there if you haven't already.

I've tried the demos and using the netflix app also tried a new HDMI cable, starting to think it might be the arc HDMI socket on theTV

Do you have the proper (Premium Certified HDMI cables), I needed to upgrade my cables from High Speed with Ethernet to Premium.

I've tried the demos and using the netflix app also tried a new HDMI cable, starting to think it might be the arc HDMI socket on theTV

What are your ARC settings on the TV? I have mine set to Digital Surround Out - Auto and eARC - Off. (This is on a C9).

I'm facing audio delay when ever I select Bitstream Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X, do u have any solution for this problem. One X is connected direct to TV.

Tried switching to DTS on your xbox? I have the same issue on a different TV and soundbar combo and this seems to be a common reported issue, I speculate it's either an issue with how the xbox outputs its dolby signals or that TV's are doing something additional to a dolby signal that isn't applicable to DTS streams.

Just tried digital sound out to auto and eARC off but as soon as I turn on the sound bar the TV defaults to ARC and dolby atmos is greyed out on the settings menu. New premium cable arrived this afternoon but no change.

Atmos greyed out is quite normal unless youre using TV speakers and has no bearing on what's happening over ARC - in fact a lot of the sound settings would be greyed out. What you reported sounds normal. Only the soundbar could indicate Atmos .

There is no eARC setting on a C8. The critical setting is Auto under ARC - this allows DD+ over ARC which is able to carry Atmos. This is not the DTV Sound setting but is found under ARC

The other important setting is CEC (simplink) on at both the TV and soundbar ends

If the TV changes to ARC when you turn on the soundbar it seems OK to me, but to resolve any future ARC problems I suggest the sequence

Power off and unplug all devices
Unplug all HDMI
With the TV confirm OK with internal speakers
With the soundbar connected confirm the TV sees it as a device
Select ARC on the TV, the TV speakers should mute, the soundbar switch on, and the TV remote then controls the soundbar volume

Then the Dolby access app should generate DV picture and atmos audio (atmos only indicated on the TV when using internal speakers)

Last edited:
changed to auto in ARC menu, not sure how to check CEC. The soundbar display is still only showing ARC rather than ATMOS as it did in shop demo

It would take an owner to help but ARC means the ARC and CEC side of things must be Ok but I think youre right that it should show Atmos on the soundbar when playing the Dolby Access demo

On my C8 if I play the Dolby Access app with internal speakers the TV says DV/Atmos
If I change Sound Out to ARC and play the same Dolby Access app the word Atmos doesn't come up on the TV any more but it does on the receiver instead
The only setting on the TV that really matters is Auto under ARC in the Sound Out menu

I assume the soundbar firmware is up to date? There is also a soundbar app but I dont know what settings that lets you change.

changed to auto in ARC menu, not sure how to check CEC. The soundbar display is still only showing ARC rather than ATMOS as it did in shop demo

It will only display Dolby Atmos briefly as the sound starts and then revert to ARC as the standard display, but I guess you would have noticed it.

Have you tried the Dolby app on the TV?

My SL9YG just had an firmware update.

Not sure what was updated but it changed my setting putting bass to -5. Check you’re setting after the update.

My SL9YG just had an firmware update.

Not sure what was updated but it changed my setting putting bass to -5. Check you’re setting after the update.

Silly question but how do you know it's been updated? How does it let you know? :)

Silly question but how do you know it's been updated? How does it let you know? :)

It will say UPDATE on the front screen & on the top of the unit & there won’t be any sound coming from the soundbar while its updating the firmware you might lose you’re ARC connection after, l did had to manually engage ARC again on the OLED.

Past 2 days any Atmos soundtrack i play is getting a horrible loud clicky noise every few seconds. Must be since firmware update. Anybody else got same? Dolby audio and dtx is fine

Anybody else suddenly having this issue? Its basically making 4k content unplayable now where there is an atmos soundtrack :(

The nearest noise I can describe it as is a spoon hitting a bottle!

I will check mine with a Atmos soundtrack is that both with a 4K disc & Netflix?

I will check mine with a Atmos soundtrack is that both with a 4K disc & Netflix?
Also when you watch atmos content on netflix, does it say atmos on the soundbar (i assume it would)?

Ive got premium netflix but have only found 5.1 on netflix?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom