LG SL8YG Soundbar

whoopish

Has anyone figured out how to play flac files on SL8YG? USB didn't work, I couldnt get casting from Google music app on my phone to work either.

kingslynnfc7

Does anyone know how to adjust the front left and right speakers for the SL9YG, in the LG app there are only options to adjust the overhead, sides, rears and sub, thanks

Goonerdude

Does anyone know how to adjust the front left and right speakers for the SL9YG, in the LG app there are only options to adjust the overhead, sides, rears and sub, thanks
I’m afraid LG don’t offer that adjustment to the single left & right front facing speaker drivers.

It would be the general volume control for those speakers.

kingslynnfc7

I’m afraid LG don’t offer that adjustment to the single left & right front facing speaker drivers.

It would be the general volume control for those speakers.
Thanks, Just finding the speech not loud enough in some movies, been playing around with treble, DRC, night mode etc see if I can get the speech more prominent.

kingslynnfc7

This is the cable I got from amazon - KabelDirekt - Pure Copper Stereo Audio Speaker Wire & Cable - Made in Germany - 2x2.5mm² - 15m - (For Hifi Speakers and Surround Sound Systems, OFC Pure Copper, with polarity markings) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01C79XV5W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_28eMEbMDP9GG8
Hi. Just thinking about ordering this, I have speaker stands, is this cable pretty think, wondering if it is much bigger than the cable that comes with the speakers? Thanks

steve51

Hi. Just thinking about ordering this, I have speaker stands, is this cable pretty think, wondering if it is much bigger than the cable that comes with the speakers? Thanks
Hi yes it is much thicker than the original wire, part of that is the shielding but also the actual copper wire is thicker

kingslynnfc7

Hi yes it is much thicker than the original wire, part of that is the shielding but also the actual copper wire is thicker
Got these today, have you used some speaker tips on the end of the cables, cable has gone in stands fine but, getting the wires in the speaker holes works but they are bit too big and fray out a bit? Thanks

steve51

Got these today, have you used some speaker tips on the end of the cables, cable has gone in stands fine but, getting the wires in the speaker holes works but they are bit too big and fray out a bit? Thanks
No I just shaved a bit of the strands off so they were a better fit, though still tight

kingslynnfc7

Hi all, if anyone interested I’m selling some rear speakers in the forum for the LG soundbars.
Just thought I would let you know

Resurrectionn

Novice Member
Hello friends,

I have a Lg Sl8yg. Do you have a recommendation for a clear-sounding setting with dialogs for television broadcasts and movies on this device? I want clear dialogues, I don't want too much bass and scratching sounds. I tried many settings, but I could not reach what I wanted.
The closest setting to me is the movie mode, but with this mode, the surrounding sounds are very loud and prevent dialogues.

I use surround closed center 3 others as 0.
Note: I don't have a rear speaker set.

I would be very happy if you have any suggestions.

Thank you for your time.

stevebk

Hello friends,

I have a Lg Sl8yg. Do you have a recommendation for a clear-sounding setting with dialogs for television broadcasts and movies on this device? I want clear dialogues, I don't want too much bass and scratching sounds. I tried many settings, but I could not reach what I wanted.
The closest setting to me is the movie mode, but with this mode, the surrounding sounds are very loud and prevent dialogues.

I use surround closed center 3 others as 0.
Note: I don't have a rear speaker set.

I would be very happy if you have any suggestions.

Thank you for your time.
I found the Dialogue was also starting to sound distorted and way off if the Atmos speakers were above 2, and the centre speaker increased.

Just put everything back to zero and use movie mode for a day, as to get used to the sound again. Movie mode I use for everything, except music.
Then if you want to lower the Bass then do it by -1 only.
There should be no real need to make any major adjustment to the setting.
If you listen to music then Meridian have set their preferred settings for you in the music setting (I think)
If you have the surround speakers then I cannot help much you as I don't like them, I found they needed to be placed about 6ft away or they are in your ear to much.

Resurrectionn

Novice Member
I found the Dialogue was also starting to sound distorted and way off if the Atmos speakers were above 2, and the centre speaker increased.

Just put everything back to zero and use movie mode for a day, as to get used to the sound again. Movie mode I use for everything, except music.
Then if you want to lower the Bass then do it by -1 only.
There should be no real need to make any major adjustment to the setting.
If you listen to music then Meridian have set their preferred settings for you in the music setting (I think)
If you have the surround speakers then I cannot help much you as I don't like them, I found they needed to be placed about 6ft away or they are in your ear to much.

Hello there,

I tried it in the settings you said, but it didn't work again.

For example, I can not hear the dialogues of bass and ambient sound in the film of the black knight in 2008 on netflix and I have to constantly turn the sound on and off.

I really couldn't find what I was looking for from this product. Since I couldn't hear clear voices, what would I do with the roar rumbling sounds?

stevebk

Looks like its faulty

Hello there,

I tried it in the settings you said, but it didn't work again.

For example, I can not hear the dialogues of bass and ambient sound in the film of the black knight in 2008 on netflix and I have to constantly turn the sound on and off.

I really couldn't find what I was looking for from this product. Since I couldn't hear clear voices, what would I do with the roar rumbling sounds?

stevebk

i got the LG C9 55inch today and am thinking about this sound bar. If I place it directly in front of the TV, will it obscure any of the screen ?
When I got my soundbar i used felt pads for feet about 6mm thick, I didn't use the feet supplied with the soundbar. This way the soundbar is much lower, and sits below the screen.

cvzone

Novice Member
I dont think so. Because eARC is the only reason for the SN8YG 2020 Modell. As LG support confirmed the new modell has no "real" HDMI 2.1, just eARC.

John Drake Number 6

Novice Member
Anyone have any advice for getting the LG wi Fi speaker app to work ? It can’t seem to find my sound bar, what should I be doing to get it to work ?

gazza7474

I have the panasonic 802 oled and am looking at getting the 820 4k player. Am I right in thinking that I would connect the player to the hdmi input on the soundbar as my tv does not pass through atmos?

Resurrectionn

Novice Member
Anyone have any advice for getting the LG wi Fi speaker app to work ? It can’t seem to find my sound bar, what should I be doing to get it to work ?
[/ALINTI]

Hello there,

Unfortunately, I could not introduce the device. Turkey not promote these practices in a multi-user device and the LG does not do anything for it.

The device is defined in google home, but although I tried it with iphone x ipad lg g2 devices in lg's application, i could not promote it. I also tried 3 different modems / routers.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Laser Projectors, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon

Trending threads

Latest News

QDC Blue Dragon earphones on sale in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TV licence fee now applies to over 75s from 1st Aug
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
New H.266 video codec promises 50 percent data saving
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Toshiba launches UL20 4K HDR TVs from £299