LG SK10Y

wingnut32

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at this soundbar for awhile but haven't really seen any reviews. Are there any owners out there? Thoughts, opinions?

It’s brand new to the market. There are some ‘hands on’ reviews but nothing extensive as it’s so new.

Will also be widely overpriced due to being new. I’d advise not buying for several months.

Also looking to get his soundbar - have been waiting for availability since it was announced at CES (saw Currys and Hughes had it listed recently at £1199.00). Am currently following situation over in the US, here: Sk10y - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews - that is until we pick up momentum here in the UK.

Last edited:
I've just ordered one as I had a problem with my Sony St5000.
It should be here with me tomorrow, so I'll post some impressions then.
Does anyone have an idea when the rear speakers will be released in the UK?

I'm looking at this but with the Sj9 being as low as £600 it has to be a mighty upgrade for double the cost. Appreciate people wanting rears and dtsx, but lurking for someone's review. May order the HT Zf9 in the interim.

I had a demo of the ZF9 yesterday and it is pretty poor when it comes to Atmos.
It's essentially a decent 5.1 soundbar that they have added a virtual vertical field to. The centre was drowned out in surround unfortunately.
The bar is so tiny too that I suspect it wouldn't 'fill' my room.

The quest for the perfect soundbar continues, or i go sj9 and not worry about 1x hdmi, lack of dtsx and no option of rears at a later date.*sigh

I must apologise to everyone for my misleading comment yesterday about the ZF9. I was demonstrated the bar without the vertical sound feature enabled, as I have found put today.
I have had another demo today with the full features and rear speakers and I must say it's fantastic now. What a full turnaround of ecents. A really good atmos effect too, I really can't explain how it works but it does.
Music sounds crisp and clear with a nice balance of bass and treble.
I have had some connectivity issues with the LG SK10Y and my Panasonic TV so will return it and get the ZF9 I think.

I think it's complimented by them significantly and I've only heard it properly (with the vertical engine enabled) with these rears.
The rears are quite good speakers themselves though.

I think it's complimented by them significantly and I've only heard it properly (with the vertical engine enabled) with these rears.
The rears are quite good speakers themselves though.
£300 good? Seems so much for them. But maybe I'm missing the point. Glad you think it sounds better. Think I need a demo too. Was waiting on the zf9. Rears will have to wait though.

The bar is still good without the rears, just not as immersive. I guess it's hard to 'unhear' the rear setup once you've experienced it in your room.
Give the ZF9 a demo with some decent Atmos content and you will surely be impressed.

Just ordered the SK10Y - picking up from John Lewis Westfield tomorrow - so will have a good play over the weekend. Will be getting the rears at some point though.

Bought this beauty today for 666€ :)
After they approved the order went back to 1099€

As I commented earlier in the thread, I tried the SK10Y and it was not liking my Panasonic TV at all. It kept switching to the avr channel and losing the home cinema mode.
To cut a long story short, after troubleshooting for over an hour with LG, they concluded that it could not be fixed. I even had a follow up call a few hours later to say that they had run the issue by a senior tech support technician and he admitted that it's an unsolved issue at the moment.

So sad to report this and I'm interested to hear if anyone else has a Panasonic TV and an SK10Y.

I am considering getting one of these to compliment my new LG OLED65C8. I tend to watch most if my content via Netflix/Prime and Sky. I am also interested in what it sounds like with music, as it will get used with a Sonos connect and Spotify on occasion.

Any comments from owners please? thanks.

I was looking at this or the Sony zf9 but eBay did the 20% of a few days ago and I managed to pick up a 5 month old mint LG sj9 for £312 del so that’s me done but will probably upgrade at some point to this model for the surround speakers

Just ordered the SK10Y - picking up from John Lewis Westfield tomorrow - so will have a good play over the weekend. Will be getting the rears at some point though.

Any thoughts so far on it?

I'm looking at this model to go with my LG 65 OLED as I want to keep the look similar. I was planing on getting it with the rear speakers.

I am trying to ascertain if the rear speakers will play their own discrete channels with a 5.1 track or if they will play some kind of pseudo soundstage?

I looked online and in the manual it showed 5.1 being handled by the sound bar alone, with nothing from the rears. It was only when a 7.1 was played that the rear speakers appeared to play.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Will invest in the rears at some point I'm sure. With no real point of reference (apart from moving from a dedicated 5.1 system), I do miss the full immersive sound feel. But as a soundbar, the sound quality is excellent. Does suffer from low dialogue in some of the settings (been dicussed a fair bit on one fo the US forums), but overall, very much enjoying it at the moment. Not really had the chance fully test out the Dolby Atmos effects - what I have heard, has been ok. Will need to try out some decent reference material.

Will invest in the rears at some point I'm sure. With no real point of reference (apart from moving from a dedicated 5.1 system), I do miss the full immersive sound feel. But as a soundbar, the sound quality is excellent. Does suffer from low dialogue in some of the settings (been dicussed a fair bit on one fo the US forums), but overall, very much enjoying it at the moment. Not really had the chance fully test out the Dolby Atmos effects - what I have heard, has been ok. Will need to try out some decent reference material.

What's it like with music?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom