LG SK10Y vs Sony Z9F vs Sony HT ST 5000

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by thegr812k, Jul 10, 2018.

?
  1. Sony Z9F

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Sony ST 5000

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. LG SK10Y

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. thegr812k

thegr812k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hi guys,

I have narrowed down my choice to the 3 above. Im aware of all the pro's and cons of each but am interested to hear opinions of those that have experienced or owned all of the above and what their decisions were?

Thanks

2. audiphile76

audiphile76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    I demoed today the ST5000 and ST10Y and LG soundbar in the showroom area sounded crisper than the ST5000(both were playing different feeds). I too need a decision whether to go for Sony or LG to compliment my LG OLED 65C7. Any comments?

3. Syonora

Syonora
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I demoed all three soundbars before I made my purchase. To me, you cannot listen to different feeds. You have to listen to the same thing on all systems so you can pick out how much detail and clarity you can hear across all of them using the same thing. If you use music playback via bluetooth, make sure you pick a song that has a lot of range and dynamics so you can get a feel for how the song sounds at the high and low parts.

From what I heard playing music on the ST5000, SK10Y, and Z9F... the ST5000 came out on top for the clarity, I hate bass and prefer treble, but the bass actually sounds crisp and clear on the ST5000 and gave me goosebumps.

The Z9F was the worst of the three and didn't give me the same vibes as the ST5000. The SK10Y was close, but bass fell short and details fell a tad short compared to the ST5000. What did make a difference though was the rears in the Z9F. With the rears, the Z9F gives the illusion that it is really good, but the volume had to be turned up. I am not a big fan of 'soundbar quality that wasn't that good sounds better with quality rear speakers!' and was really trying to focus on given the soundbar alone, which one sounded the best.

ST5000 came out on top in a soundbar to soundbar to soundbar comparison based on my listening session, and an employee of the store I was had had similar thoughts.

4. thegr812k

thegr812k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    did you get to listen to any Movies with Atmos? OR just music?

5. gkatz

gkatz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    why is the ysp 5600 not in the short list?

6. audiphile76

audiphile76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    I totally respect your opinion. I was wondering again the integration between an LG OLED and and LG Soundbar, using the same remote to control volume etc rather than juggling with 2 remotes. LG Magic remote is something that is probably unmimicable by the Logitech remotes I am thinking, plus LG has the option of rear speakers right?

Decisions, decisions.....

7. davidcrofter

davidcrofter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +997
    Check out SpareChange reviews on youtube - he has reviewed all 3 soundbars (and more) recently ...

8. audiphile76

audiphile76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    Is there any comparison videos made by anyone on youtube that we can trust completely?