• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Lg Sj9 - Dont buy

TouchingEvil

I have one question, why is lg so so frekking stupid and dont support dts x and dts hd master on their Lg sj9 ?

Now is the lg sj9 soundbar CRAP!

DONT BUY IT UNTIL THEY FIX IT.

TouchingEvil

You were telling somebody to buy one in another thread the other day, make your mind up!
And for that im sorry, now i warning people to buy it, it is garbage without dts x and dts hd master, i cant understand why they dont support it.

If the lg sj9 gets both dts x and dts hd master in a firmware update then i say buy it and enjoy the sound but now STAY AWAY.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Yes, one of the reasons I skipped looking at LG soundbar products. The lack of DTS* codecs makes no sense to me. Obviously some sort of licensing issue. That said, I believe that some Samsung products behave in the same way.

Clem

TouchingEvil

Yes, one of the reasons I skipped looking at LG soundbar products. The lack of DTS* codecs makes no sense to me. Obviously some sort of licensing issue. That said, I believe that some Samsung products behave in the same way.

Clem
Its so sad that the dont pay licens fee, both samsung and lg are idiots that dont understand that we dont gonna buy their soundbars if they dont support all.

They most loose alot of money, insteed of just pay licens fee and all we will buy it at launch and not wait for regular people that buy it for half prices.

Last edited:

BM08

We've had a 300W LG soundbar and wireless sub for about a year and it's fantastic, if I want DTS or whatever then I'd spend a lot more on a receiver and separate speakers......

thephotographer

Novice Member
dont understand this as in the specs in=t clearly states
Audio Format
LPCM: Yes
Dolby Atmos: Yes
Dolby TrueHD: Yes
Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
Dolby Digital: Yes
DTS Digital Surround: Yes

FLAC - Up to 192kHz: Yes
OGG - Up to 48kHz: Yes
WAV: Yes
ALAC: Yes
MP3: Yes
WMA: Yes
AAC(MPEG4): Yes
AAC+: Yes
AIFF: Yes

Am I missing something?

TouchingEvil

dont understand this as in the specs in=t clearly states
Audio Format
LPCM: Yes
Dolby Atmos: Yes
Dolby TrueHD: Yes
Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
Dolby Digital: Yes
DTS Digital Surround: Yes

FLAC - Up to 192kHz: Yes
OGG - Up to 48kHz: Yes
WAV: Yes
ALAC: Yes
MP3: Yes
WMA: Yes
AAC(MPEG4): Yes
AAC+: Yes
AIFF: Yes

Am I missing something?

It does not have the mst importent dts, DTS X! Im buying the new one that they showing on ces 2018 in jan

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom