LG SJ9 5.1.2 Wireless Sound Bar

I got one last week & it’s a massive upgrade on my old LG 4.1 soundbar. Not had the full atmos test yet because I’ve recently moved & my sofa & rug are being delivered next week which will help with the sound but so far so good. Watched some Star Trek Discovery on Netflix, Altered Carbon, sounds fantastic. Had a Blu-ray blast with LOTR & cranked it up & it shook the house. Then ac/dc Blu-ray sounded absolutely amazing. Got mine running with an LG tv & it works good with Bluetooth but much better with HDMI ARC. Very impressed so far & it looks very nice too.

I'v got the LG too
LG E6 OLED Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6
is the surround sound any good too

It sounds great to me. It’s still a soundbar but a massive step up from my old one & I’m happy but, & it’s a decent sized but, you are limited to your volume when connected using the hdmi arc connection. It maxes out at 40 rather than 100 using Bluetooth or optical. It’s pretty dam loud but not as loud as the other options. Use Bluetooth or optical & you only get 2.1, rather than 5.1. I’ve screen shorted my query reply from LG.

IMG_1310.jpg

Don't want to hijack this thread (sorry) but anyone know when the new LG soundbar is out? The spiritual successor to the SJ9?

Don't want to hijack this thread (sorry) but anyone know when the new LG soundbar is out? The spiritual successor to the SJ9?

LG have made announcements about March releases in the states for new TVs & soundbar, the sj10. Have a look in the tv threads for more info.

Any idea if these LG soundbars can somehow connect to the underside of the TV or would it just be a wall job? I'm not sure that would look great anyway below a 65"?

Also do soundbars suffer from the "sound disconnect" issues if the bar is about a foot below the TV?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom