LG Simplink question

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by Mat0369, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Mat0369

Mat0369
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, just posting this across the forums in hope of an answer as I have a question about my TV which is frustrating me beyond belief.

So the TV model is the LG 42LM6410

My sound system in my room runs through AV out and did not have an optical attachment. I had to buy an optical to av out attachment off ebay to get my surround sound back and that works fine now. I have my Panasonic blu ray/hd recorder and XBOX 360 running through my HDMI.

Now when I first set the TV up with my surround sound it gave me the option of using the TV speakers or External speakers. I picked external and it worked fine, no problems, it ran through all my devices without a hitch. Each remote had it's own purpose and I was happy with it like that.

Yesterday dad decided to touch something since he could not get the sound to work (did not turn the stereo on). So when I went to use my TV I could not get my speakers to work right away. I changed it over to TV speakers and turned the volume up and got the regular sound back like that. When I switched it over to External the simplink message pops up and activates bringing up an 'unknown' HDMI device. The unknown device is my set top box which never popped up like that before. I tried to deactivate the simplink, but every time I do it goes back to TV speakers. It never did this before yesterday and would let me switch from TV to external without activating the simplink. It also turns on my blu ray/set top box which I also don't want. I can't manage to find a way to get it back to the original settings. Anyone have any idea how to do it?

2. Sward

Sward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having this same problem. Did you get the solution figured out? I would be grateful if you could share.
    Thanks