LG Service Menu

T

TonyM16

Hi. I have a LG 32LX2R and have since found how to get to the service menu. I need to know what the options in the service menu do and what some of the other settings do. Does anyone know what the "bright" setting does , it has 3 prset settings 40%, 63% and 100% , at first I thought it was the backlight setting but it can't be as none of the settings do anything to the brigtness let alone anything else. So if that isn't the back light setting , where is the backlight setting?

I also found a setting called panel size, which said 32. I changed it to 42 and all of a sudden my picture improved, ie. it became more vivid , colourful and vibrant. Why did this happen? What does the panel size setting supposed to do? Please someone help me out. Thank You.

I also found a setting called panel size, which said 32. I changed it to 42 and all of a sudden my picture improved, ie. it became more vivid , colourful and vibrant. Why did this happen? What does the panel size setting supposed to do? Please someone help me out. Thank You.

That sounds extremely dodgy. Perhaps companies make the bigger sets artificially better to get people to splash out more cash on them? Just the conspiracy theorist in me.

There's a setting called "AGING MODE" on my Sony LCD that was turned on that I switched off, with no visible difference. Can anyone tell me what that does?

Is it maybe the %age grey level of the borders on a 4:3 screen which by default are mid-grey (which may equate to 100%) I understand? Or is that obviously somewhere else in the menu?

what was your brightness setting set too? mine says 40% my friends says 63%..

Hi

I changed it to 42 and all of a sudden my picture improved, ie. it became more vivid , colourful and vibrant. Why did this happen? What does the panel size setting supposed to do?

Different panels respond differently to the driving signals and will need different voltages to show the same range of colours. If you had a 42 inch panel and switched it to 32 it would become washed out and pale. While it may look more vivid on the 42 inch setting I suspect it doesn't look particually natural and you will not get the same range or hue of colours.

There's a setting called "AGING MODE" on my Sony LCD that was turned on that I switched off, with no visible difference. Can anyone tell me what that does?

Aging mode normally means the TV will take into account how old it is, and will adjust itself to compensate. For example as the backlight ages it will dim, so the TV will up the brightness gradually over the TVs life time so it looks the same. If the TV is fairly new then turning it off will not make much difference as it would not have had to start compensating for anything yet.

Regards

Phil

So how do u get into the LG 32LX2R service menu then?
Everytime i try it keeps asking for a password but i can't find any anywhere.

Read in a post that u need to hold the 'menu' button for 4/5 seconds then let it go as soon as the menu disappears and then the service menu should pop up, but in my case the password bit keeps poppin up and its doin my head in!
So any help appreciated.

I have posted several posts here about the service menu and the backlight setting of the LG32LX2R.

I have accessed the service menu not by giving password. I have changed the borders colour when the panel is in 4:3 mode from grey to black.

I have played with the brightness and gamma settings, but I saw NO difference. I quess brightness=backlight.

Brightness level by default was set to 63% in my panel ( and also the other 2 I had the chance to look at at the reseller's shop).

I have set the brightness to 40% but I see no change.

I quess to activate these options in the menu, one must enter with password.

If someone has seen any difference with differnt settings of brightness or gamma , please report.

orc said:
I have posted several posts here about the service menu and the backlight setting of the LG32LX2R.

I have accessed the service menu not by giving password. I have changed the borders colour when the panel is in 4:3 mode from grey to black.

I am really interested in knowing how to change the border from grey to black - the grey is so wrong and distracting it annoys me. So how does one access the service menu... hold the menu button as described above and release when the menu disapears? Is the option to chenage the border colour obvious or is it called something abstract. Finally, how does one exit the service menu and keep the changes - is that obvious too? I'm not with my Tv right now to check for myself so your advice for when i get home would be much appreciated.

one final question, is there a reason that the bordrs are grey and what consequences might there be by changing it to black.

Thanks.

you must keep pressing the menu buttons on the panel AND the remote at the same time.Keep your eyes on the menu.the moment when it dissapears you must release the buttons.the service menu appears.go to the panel settings and you will see the option border colour-it is set "grey".Change it to " black" and you're ok.

If you decide to chang the settings for "brightness" and gamma, please post here your results.

I have managed to get the service menu up but it is asking for a 4 digit code. Any ideas what this is?
Thanks

:lease:

Nobody here knows the code but the trick is to release the menu button JUST BEFORE that password box comes up (count 4 seconds afetr the normal menu displays) you can then get into the service menu without the password - but it takes some practice!

The two-button trick works well on the 37LZ55 too. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries but more often than not it works fine. I found that pressing OK moves you out of the submenus and back to the System Menu root. There are a number of options simply listed as "OPTION x" which I didn't like the look of and pressing MENU while in either the root or any sub menu takes you to a "Hotel Menu".

Sadly there's no 'stop the lock-up when switching on' option... ;)

hi guys im a complete noob and need help

i bought a 32LX2R a week ago and would like to know how i can tell what firmware i have, and if and how it can be updated

thanks!!

this will help you..

orc said:
you must keep pressing the menu buttons on the panel AND the remote at the same time.Keep your eyes on the menu.the moment when it dissapears you must release the buttons.the service menu appears.go to the panel settings and you will see the option border colour-it is set "grey".Change it to " black" and you're ok.

If you decide to chang the settings for "brightness" and gamma, please post here your results.

metfan46 said:
hi guys im a complete noob and need help

i bought a 32LX2R a week ago and would like to know how i can tell what firmware i have, and if and how it can be updated

thanks!!

You cant update the firmware yourself it has to be done by LG. When you get into the service menu it shows your current Firmware revisions at the bottom of the options. Mine is currenlty 3.70/3.60.

Do you know if the HDCP problem has been fixed in 3.70 / 3.60?

After reading about the service menu I inquisitively had a go on my 32LX2R just to have a look, check the FW level etc.

a.f.a.i.k., I did not change any settings while in there but now the picture on the analogue channels seems to have screwed up. :oops:

It now looks like it is not properly tuned into a channel (on all channels) - the image jumps about as well as being predominantly greyscale with lots of noise/vertical bars, etc. Sound comes through ok. I tried retuning but no success.

All other connections (Freeview STB via Tivo on AV1, VCR on AV2, Xbox on AV3 and DVD on HDMI) all work fine.

I have tried the aerial lead straight into the set so I know its not one of the other components in the RF loop or scarts which is causing it.

Its not critical as normal viewing is still available thru the STB, but its always nice to know you have the old faithful analogue there when you need it.

I'm wondering if there is a way to reset the TV back to the "just out of the box" settings so I can start afresh.

Any ideas ? :lease:

Just for the hell of it I tried a reset to factory defaults from the Service Menu, rebooted the TV and performed a retune - hey presto the analogue channels are OK again.

To all still interested in the LG Service Menu............... I have obtained a LG ADJUST REMOCON (remote control) that takes you into the service menu without any password (I suspect there is no password). I have also obtained a part 1 Service Manual for my set (26LX2R) that shows how to setup the LCD on each interface. Unfortunately the set requires using an MSPG-925F pattern generator which I dont have. I have made a note of all the setting on my LCD menu and then experimented with some of the adjustments. The following are what I have found :-
Changing Brightness (set at 63% by default) does not appear to have any effect.
Changing Gamma (0) does not seem to alter anything either.

There is an additional automatic RGB setup menu that needs a pattern and this seems to change the settings depending on what is on the screen. The gain/offset of individual colours can also be set manually.
There is an additional automatic white balance setup menu that allows the individual colours gain/offset to be manually changed.
The intelligent eye can be switched off.
If anyone can help further with this please contact me via this forum.
Regards Mike

Nobody here knows the code but the trick is to release the menu button JUST BEFORE that password box comes up (count 4 seconds afetr the normal menu displays) you can then get into the service menu without the password - but it takes some practice!

Try 0000,worked for me

hi,i have a LG led 32inch screen model wy32L6000, it shows ghost pictures. how can i rectify it?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom