LG Secret vs LG Viewty

coltranekoh

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going to get a contract and new phone.
I was initially comparing LG KF700 to Viewty.
But now I am comparing LG Secret (KF750) to LG Viewty.
Please let me know what you think, pros and cons, which is better, etc etc.
Many thanks.

The physical keypad of the Secret would win it for me. Plus it's a nicer size and shape and, sadly, I quite like the carbon fibre look :rolleyes:

In day to day usage I don't see there being a massive amount of difference between them :)

Mine comes tomorrow. Free upgrade from Orange plus free mobile internet, very happy. Nice girly on the retentions department :thumbsup:;)

I am really interested in the Secret but how would it compare with the N96 in terms of photo/video and music handling capabilities and also the screen?

I am really interested in the Secret but how would it compare with the N96 in terms of photo/video and music handling capabilities and also the screen?

Impossible to tell as the N96 isn't around yet, so the only reviews you'll find will be based on pre-production handsets.

However, the N95 8GB produced very good quality audio that gave the iPhone a really good run for it's money (not as good as the W960i mind you, but then that phone had to have something decent to offer!) so if the N96 continues that trend it will be a winner for sure.

Mine comes tomorrow. Free upgrade from Orange plus free mobile internet, very happy. Nice girly on the retentions department :thumbsup:;)

Farno- can you tell me how you managed to blag this from orange on an upgrade??
my contract ends june 7th and was told by orange i had to wait till end of contract as i would be entitled to the same offers as new customers!
i was offered k810i,w660i,6300 etc etc basically cheap ones i can get for peanuts.
requested puc code expecting them to cave in and they just sent it!!

any tips mate i really want this phone:smashin:

The same for me.
I called o2 retentions department, was offered cr*p deal, they wanted £200 or so for the samsung soul. I went into O2 shop 2 weeks ago, and was offered much better deal of Samsung Soul or LG KF700 for free with £25 tariff.
So, shop around, or call back to the retention department again and talk to someone else.

I had previously sent a letter in requesting my PAC code, I then phoned retentions who offered me ANY phone free to stay, this was about 2 weeks ago.
I phoned again on Monday and the first person i spoke to said i would have to pay £150 for the handset. I told them of my previous offer of ANY free handset and they passed me to retentions....explained it to a very hot sounding lady and she said it would be fine, I said i loved the internet and would love to have a play around with it on a mobile and she said...well i could always tag it on for you...

Be nice and polite and be honest, they want to keep you and you want a great deal, dont ask for too much off the bat and TALK to them like there people doing you a favor. I was on the phone around 10 mins. My monthly out lay is £20 - £15 down on my previous contract.

It get delivered tomorrow :thumbsup::cool::rotfl:

phoned them again after reading this tonight and managed to wangle a pretty good deal.
previous tariff was£30 now down to £20 with more minuutes and texts and a FREE lg secret:clap:
or
a free nokia n82 in black:confused:

decisions............anyone compared the n82 to the secret?????

still cant get it till my contract expires but with that result im prepared to wait

thanks

phoned them again after reading this tonight and managed to wangle a pretty good deal.
previous tariff was£30 now down to £20 with more minuutes and texts and a FREE lg secret:clap:
or
a free nokia n82 in black:confused:

decisions............anyone compared the n82 to the secret?????

still cant get it till my contract expires but with that result im prepared to wait

thanks

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=2352&idPhone1=2177
n82 v lg secret

i'd swap an N95 for the secret ;)

Well i would have it today but the wife went out and missed the delivery.....good job i'm off tomorrow :hiya:

no way!! have you seen the two phones side by side in the "flesh" the lg secret wins hands down. i will be upgrading my n95 to this asap.

Surely you mean downgrading ? The secret isnt too hot.

I have used both. I like the N82 for it's features but hate the form factor, far to chunky for me and I found the keys poor. The Secret so far seems very nice, great form factor and build quality. I don't seem to have having any software issues unlike some other posters and find the interface easy to use.

As for being more robust the Secret wins hands down with it's tempered glass and carbon factor back, far better constructed than the N82.

well, i went to the o2 shop yesterday, tested Secret and Viewty. I have trouble using the touch sensitive pad, I know it will take time to get used to. It is very solid, very heavy and very thin. I like Viewty as it is very responsive and all touch screen.

So, I got the Viewty after much difficulties deciding.

Hope I made the right choice

when i meant more robust i think i got my words mixed up a bit.

what i meant to say is that i have very abrasive hands being a builder an all!
my favourite ever phone sony W810i was what i call robust.it was dropped,kicked,buried,used as a hammer:Detc and wouldnt die!

so my thinking is a touch screen might not work for me due to the crap that ends up on my hands on a daily basis. i still havent ruled it out as it is simply a stunning looking piece of kit. i used the w810i and now use a k800i as an mp3 player quite a lot so was wondering what the quality is like on the LG with LG's earphones, anyone??

my wife has a Viewty on o2 for a few months and she loves it and so do i especially the silver version. she is more than happy with:smashin: so you wont be dissapointed.only problem she finds is the battery life is not very good.

thanks all. think i'll try to get into town and have aplay with the lg secret

Gosh, I am still thinking if I should have got the Secret.
I do like the Viewty, very easy to use, all touch screen.
But I can't stop thinking what if.....
Please help me.... :(

*Owen 021173, have you tested the Secret in the shop yet? What do you think?

Got the secret on Wednesday. Great phone nice and loud, the touch screen works very well and i have no issues with it. The phone feels very solid and the slider feels robust. I can work all the buttons with my mans fingers!
earpiece volume is nice and loud. Menu system is taking a little to get used to but i'm getting there.
On the down side, very little onboard memory and worse still, the scratch resistant glass makes for an almost unreadable screen in direct sunlight.

Over all i'd give it 8/10 , love the magic eight ball! touch screen is very nice, not bothered with the camera, nice loud ringer and music player.
Earpiece is very loud - had to turn mine down 2 stops even in a noisy factory -

Feels like a quality bit of kit, just the right size and weight. internet is nice and fast - i'm using mini opera.

Well following on from my earlier post I easily prefer the Secret over the Viewty, though the style of phones are completely different. However just got my hands on the Tocco and for me beats both.

Gosh, I am still thinking if I should have got the Secret.
I do like the Viewty, very easy to use, all touch screen.
But I can't stop thinking what if.....
Please help me.... :(

*Owen 021173, have you tested the Secret in the shop yet? What do you think?

went into town yhesterday to the orange shop and they didnthave either the secret or n82 for me to try out:mad:
if i asked them for a contract i bet there would have been!!!!

if it helps i still cant make my mind up:confused:

asi said my wife has a viewty which i really like still. good job orange dont stock the silver viewty or else i'd be suicidal trying to choose:D
it really is quite hard deciding which phone to go for.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom