LG say no to dual format player

Uruloke

This could be an early sign that Dual-layer, 50GB BD's are coming sooner rather than later...

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Post-January CES in Las Vegas we should have a good idea exactly who is backing what. Whilst the BluRay camp is fairly well defined there are a number of big players being linked to HD DVD production without any formal announcements. NAD, for example, have by all accounts prepared a high end HD DVD deck. Liteon have announced HD DVD drives - will this also translate into CE devices? And Thompson, Hitachi and Sanyo should all demo their budget HD DVD decks then as well.

As for dual format players I have no doubt at all that most of the major optical drive producers are working on developing dual format pickup heads - I'm sure it's only a matter of time before these translate into PC drives and then CE devices. However I doubt we'll see it during 2007. Despite denials and rumours I wouldn't be surprised if Liteon, LG and/or Samsung are the vanguard of such machines

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom