1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RZ42PY10 HD Ready??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by totalmadness, Apr 14, 2005.

1. totalmadness

totalmadness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at this particular model of PDP and altough it seems to have all the HD requirements, does anyone actually know if it actually is HD ready? Also, does anyone know if the DVI is HDCP compliant?

Please help.

2. DOCTOR_d

DOCTOR_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The DVI will work with HI-DEF video but the HDCP has mixed answers.....

It's all down to what the broadcasters are going to use.

3. totalmadness

totalmadness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. But isn't it just a case of whether it is HDCP compliant or not?? Where is the best place to find out if this screen is HD ready?? Is there an offical list that contains all HD ready PDP's?

4. DOCTOR_d

DOCTOR_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just been reading an Australian forum regarding HI-DEF and they seem to be using HI-DEF boxes which send the signal through DVI on the LG....

Not sure on the UK though ?

I'm sure somebody on here knows a bit more though.....

5. totalmadness

totalmadness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone own this unit and tell me more about it's HD capability??

6. richiecas

richiecas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am considering the same screen. It has the resolution and the connections. Stores here are advertising it as HD ready but that doesn't mean anything.
    Can anyone comment on the picture quality of this screen for DVD and sky+.
    Just thinking if the RZ11 is HD compatible you could assume the PY10 is also????

7. totalmadness

totalmadness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I may actually call LG and find out. Hoping to test it at a local store this weekend. I shall report my findings.

8. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If HD ready is in regards to the proposed Sky HD broadcasts, then the screen needs to be able to accept 720p/50hz and/or 1080i/50hz IIRC aswell as having the correct resolution.

Gary

9. totalmadness

totalmadness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kool - I thought by downloading the manual I can confirm this. Went to the LG website to download it, found that it was the only one that was unavailable! Just my luck! Does anyone have a link to the PDF?

10. totalmadness

totalmadness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spoke to the guy at LG and they seem to think this is HD ready! Not sure if should trust them. Each time I asked him a question and was put on hold for a few mins. Seems like he was consulting the manual. Anyone else have a better idea?

11. welsh113

welsh113

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    does anyone know where you can buy this screen??? It is meant to be one of the best out there.......In some right ups i have heard it has blue lights does anyone know if this means on the side like the pioneer???

12. totalmadness

totalmadness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Welsh, you can buy this screen at Comet. Currently it is £2500. I would be very very interested to find out where you learnt this screen is one of the best out there. I dont think any of the mags have done a constructed review on this model as yet.

13. welsh113

welsh113

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    american reviews and there is something on the LG website about a swedish review that rated it very highly..........

14. totalmadness

totalmadness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you if it's HD ready for sure?

15. iJeff

iJeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi people,

I own one of these screens got it from 247electrical.co.uk (currenty £2109.99) had it for 6 months now - I can confirm I have it hooked up to a Denon 2910 DVD player via DVI and can play films at 720p & 1080i @ 50 & 60hz. The picture quality is amazing at these resolutions, far better than any picture I have seen anywhere. Sky is perfectly fine, but not a touch on DVD sources (Hopefully HD broadcasts to sort that) - the trouble with any large screen Plasma/LCD/Rear Projection any signal noise/pixelation or any other interference is much more noticeable - but get a good source and use good cables(not your £100.00 stuff required, just stay away from the £5.00 stuff :) ) and the results are truly amazing and I really do mean amazing :cool:

16. totalmadness

totalmadness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent at last! Jeff, when watching Sky and a scene with a fast moving imagine, do u get blotchy patches or jagged edges? Do you think that the XD engine actually does the trick?? I know there is an option in the menu to turn it off. Have you tried turning it off and noted any difference in picture quality. Your relpy would be extremely helpful...

17. braveknight

braveknight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Blotchy patches on fast moving images? By that, do you mean it breaks up into little squares? Because they are normal MPEG compression artefacts (at Sky bitrates anyway).

XD Engine works well for AV sources (SCART, S-Video) - you certainly do notice a difference in picture quality. Although I find it best to avoid artificial enhancements on 'multimedia' inputs (DVI, RGB, possibly Component).

18. welsh113

welsh113

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    are you able to take pics of your telly??? i was wondering if it had a blue light somewhere as in one of the reviews i read on the LG it mentioned a blue back light thanks in advance

19. totalmadness

totalmadness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, one final question. I now know that it can take those HD signals, but is the DVI HDCP compliant??? Does anyone know? This information is not available on the LG website.

Please help....

20. braveknight

braveknight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The pictures here (particularly the animated first one) should give an idea:
    [UR]http://www.bigscreen.se/tester/ovriga/LG_RZ42PY10x.htm[/URL]

No blue back light as far as I know, but you will see little blue lights along the side of the screen to show input, etc.

BTW, That above link is also where it was claimed to be the 'best in the world'.

Finally, if it takes the signal from a DVD-2910, then yes, it should be HDCP compliant, as the 2910 is supposed to be sending only with HDCP enabled.

21. totalmadness

totalmadness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else have more information on this model????

22. Max Payne

Max Payne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I have just seen this model in Dublin today and I have to say it is just amazing (it comes with a HDTV box of some sort).

The pictures, blacks and colours are the best I have ever seen. I was vewing it with the pioneers around and this LG won hands down!

I was so impressed that I wrote down the model number and came on here.

It is in Dublin at €2999 which is 2066 sterling.

I was going to get the Philips 42", but this blows everything out of the water.

As they say, go on what you see with your own eyes and not reviews!

23. Max Payne

Max Payne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Oh and the blue lights that are mentioned - I think they are around the buttons on the side of the screen (but don't hold me to that)

This screen really is amazing though!

Giving it serious thought (and a good long luck at the budget!)

24. richiecas

richiecas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It definitely seems like a good bargain. I have seen one in Galway running animated movies and it looks fantastic. Has anyone seen it running regular DVDs or better still sky feed?
    Does anyone have a definitive answer whether or not it is HD ready.
    If you look at richer sounds websitre they are selling the PIOneer 435 HDE for 2999 euro as well.
    Can you recommend any good stores in Ireland to go see plasmas in action such as pioneer or hitachi. I'm sick of looking at poor feeds in Currys

25. Max Payne

Max Payne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I saw this one at harvey normans in Dublin. i was like you and sick of the crap currys/dixons feeds and went there. At least the guys there know what you are talking about and have all the answers to the questions.