1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RZ42PX12X - Sky - Scart to 6 Phono RGB

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by pmccreight, Sep 8, 2004.

1. pmccreight

pmccreight
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just acquired an LG RZ42PX12X plasma screen.
    I connected my Sky digital box to AV1 via Scart and my DVD to AV2 via Scart

Although the DVD picture is fine the picture displayed from Sky is very grainy and boxy. I understand this due to the way the Sky signal is compressed. I have overcome this problem on several rear projection TVs by activating RGB.

However none of the Scarts on this new LG RZ42PX12X seem to be marked RGB. I have been told by a friend that to considerably improve the picture I should connect the Sky Digital box to the screen using a ‘Scart to RGB & Audio Cable’ – like this QED one…..

http://www.qed.co.uk/cables/sqart/av19.html

The TV has the necessary RBG component connections but will this £50 cable make the sky digital any better??????

2. Stevie-boy

Stevie-boy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you running the sound through a separate amp, and does it happen only on recording or when you watch live TV.

3. Stevie-boy

Stevie-boy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe if you activate the rgb on the digi-box then you can select rgb input on the plasma. Just keep pressing "input". I have the same model coming on friday and when i was playing with it in the shops it appeared fine

4. pmccreight

pmccreight
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not running a separate amp and it happens when watching live tv. (Haven’t even tried recording yet). To elaborate on the sky picture, it looks very pixelated especially on large blocks of colour (walls, close up on faces etc) and generally jagged round the edges. Very similar to my rear projection screen when not on RGB.

If this AV19 cable does not work is there any thing else I can do/purchase to improve the picture.

5. pmayne

pmayne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only place in the UK that was advertising the LG RZ42PX12X, was Unbeatable.co.uk at under £1900, but they now say it is unavailable.

Where did you guys get the "12" and how much did it cost. (I know the lower res "11" is available).

Thanks for your help
    Peter

6. rafaqat

rafaqat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. neonmod

neonmod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Rgb is on scart 1.

I would suggest that you will need a decent upscaler as this screens high res will show up more faults/artifacts, grainyness etc... when using a standard def input like sky.

These high res screens need a very good input signal to benefit from deacent pic quality.

You will be looking at a further £300 to get this screen right.

Cheers.