lg rz42px11 wall mounting

jogo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Yep I've bought one and I'm a newbie too. I've read and searched the forum on wall mounting and have no problem with fixing the bracket to the wall, jobs done. My question is the size of screw which goes into the back of the screen to mount the bars. I can only locate two sets of three vertical fixing points (not including the desk top stand fixing) and the screws provided with the wall mount (Vivanco universal from unbeatable.co.uk for £45) just don't seem very big! i.e. little more than philips 1/4 long or so. Considering I've fitted 10 10mm shield bolts into the wall the screen mounting screws seem a trifle fragile. I've contacted LG who won't give advice because its not an LG bracket (understandable I suppose) so would be grateful for any advice from any of you out there who have got one of these and wall mounted it. :lease:

Must admit when I was lifting this up onto the table to sit it up on the unit, I said that I would never wall mount the plasma. It's just too bloody heavy. Make sure you get some good mounting points in the wall and they are nice n secure.....Good luck :)

Thanks for reply dubbedup, I was beginning to think no one was interested (maybe because its an LG which a lot of members don't seem to like!). Mounting the bracket to the wall isn't a problem, its stone and I've used 10mm shield bolts. Its the mounting of the bracket to the back of the screen which concerns me, as the fixing points don't seem very substantial.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom