1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RZ42PX11 Vs PANASONIC TH42PWD6BX

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by duckeyy2k, Jan 24, 2005.

1. duckeyy2k

duckeyy2k
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was looking around for a nice plasma under £1500 and have come a cross theses two. The LG RZ42PX11 has a pretty good spec and is about £1400 and the PANASONIC TH42PWD6BX has a similar spec at just around £1300.

I was also looking into getting the tiny focus 4200 but its all just got over my head and i need help

Could someone please point me in the right direction, i'm basically looking for a screen that has a resonable picture that can be enjoyed while watching tv and a dvd's.

Cheers

2. boab_is

boab_is

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The LG is a telly to all intents and purposes. You switch it on, it tunes in, you plug your DVD, Sky and VCR in, off you go. Excellent Pic Quality and future proof for High-Definition. :smashin:

The Panasonic is a screen, which you then need to add input boards to i.e Scart/Component Video. It has no built in tuner, so if you dont have sky/cable/freeview, you need to purchase a tuner box. This ups the cost somewhat. Also, as far i can find, there isnt a future proof input for High-Def. (willing to be proved wrong however, lay it on me :hiya: )

It all depends on what you need and how much you want to spend.

The Panasonic can mean a bit more hassle and cost, and it may not be very future proof. However it is rated very highly on here for picture quality.

The LG is a more "consumer" oriented set, but is one of the best screens around, bested only in spec and PQ by Pioneer IMHO. But it also costs about half of the equivalent pioneer set ;)

As they say on big brother..... YOU DECIDE!!!!!

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  4. Daddy k

Daddy k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,345
    i have the lg, the tiny is dreadfull! and the panny! well they have one at my work and its better than my lg they may have some magic going on behind the scenes or something but standard tv looks so much better, u wont notice the difference unless ur looking but when you do at say smoke hair etc ull notice,
    i am happy with my screen thou but i just believe the panny is better but the lg is excellent value!!!

i mean i have a rover but i know ferrari is better but im happy enough its the same with lg and panny although im not saying lg is rover thats a bit harsh ok lg is a ford while panny is bmw