1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG rz42px11 setting dilemma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by wayne01p, Feb 15, 2005.

1. wayne01p

wayne01p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just recently purchased the LG rz42px11 plasma and am having trouble in getting a satisfactory picture. I currently have my philips DVD and freeview box scarted up to it, but no matter what settings i choose the picture seems to be fuzzy with colours not being defined.

I have ready several threads and i have checked to see if i have the 'newer' version of this plasma, which i do. i.e 5000:1 and no flatron logo.

Could somebody who is happy with their picture please send me their settings this is beginning to spoil my viewing.

Thanks in anticipation

Wayne.......... :lease:

2. eternaldark

eternaldark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    how have u got it all connected? are you using scart into av1 scart socket, if not the other two are not RGB and just composite, that would degrade the picture quality

3. AntonioF

AntonioF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Set the DVD scart output to RGB and connect to LG Av1 or AV2. If you can, try a DVD with component or DVI output. There are a very nice DVD player not expensive ( like toshiba HD 745 ). It's another world of quality - 576p / 720p / 1080i! Just try ...to believe.

4. wayne01p

wayne01p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the DVD connected to av1 with scart and the freeview connected seperately with another scart to av2. The freeview output is set to RGB.

Having ready your thread, last night i swapped over the scarts so freeview was connected to av1, but i didn't really notice any difference. Will play about with it abit more tonight. Thanks for the help :smashin:

5. Maranaz

Maranaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree the HD745 gives an excellent picture connected to PX11 via DVI.
    However I think you will find it is made by SAMSUNG not Toshiba.
    Cheers,
    MAranaz