1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RZ42PX11 Contrast ratio

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mpadgett, Dec 14, 2004.

1. mpadgett

mpadgett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just recieved delivery of my LG 42 plasma TV. when i bought this i thought that it was a 3000:1 contrast ratio and 1000 brightness. when unpackaging the screen it had a sticker on the screen saying it was 5000:1 contrast and 1500 brightness.

could anybody please clarify this with me as there is no specification came with the TV only a user guide. and all the websites ive looked at say 3000:1 contrast. have LG updated this model?????

anyway its a really nice screen :)

2. mpadgett

mpadgett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just phoned LG customer serveices, they say their original spec for the screen says 3000:1. and are not sure why this sticker is saying 5000:1.

I know im not the only one that has had a query about this.

3. googlybear

googlybear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what is the model number on the back of the screen?
    My PX11 is 3000:1 contrast and 1000:1 brightness but the PY10 is 5000:1 and 1500:1

4. mpadgett

mpadgett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    definatly px11. i think some numpty has just stuck the wrong sticker onto it

5. googlybear

googlybear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    maybe you should call LG and demand the contrast ratio they have quoted on the screen. Maybe you will get the PY10 :)

6. vectrasri99

vectrasri99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my second one yest. and stated 5000:1 as yours

Picture is better then my last one in fact it is excellent.

What firmware you got? 5.10 is mine.

M

7. LG Chet

LG Chet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Vectrasri, if you dont mind me asking, what was wrong with your first one?

8. vectrasri99

vectrasri99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1st one had green dot crawl when total black screen displayed even when selecting an input with nothing connected. Also the screen had flicker problems. I could also fix this with gamma '1' but new one fine on gamma '0' as it should be. I do have better depth of colour in dark scenes now

New one has one incorrect pixel (faultly red cell I think) but this is only just noticeable @ 2ft away so no worries with it but my screen now has this brightness flicker thing even worse but the dot crawl is perfect, also SKY has better pic. Also the remote is rubbish on this one and makes a clicky noise on the up,down,left and right keys when pressed. It doesn't all ways respond to presses. The other remote was the best I've ever used. Woudl like another remote.

Anyone else got this flicker when a bright image is on screen. Looks like a processer adjusting some automatic gain "AGC"?

M

9. mpadgett

mpadgett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive not noticed the flicker. how do i check my firmware version???? and what is the lates firmware.

10. vectrasri99

vectrasri99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hold down menu on both remote and TV until the menu appears (about 3secs) The first screen presented shows firmware and hours on etc. Press yellow button to skip forwrd menus 'OK' will save.

Mine is 5.10 which must be about the latest.

My last one was 3 weeks old (out of the factory) and was version 3.18 so some major things must been happening.

My picture does seem better (movement is more crisp on faces) but the screen flicker (brightness beating) is worse. Don't tell me I need another, if so I'll just want my money as these things aren't ready for release yet.

@ my company a change from 3.18 to 5.10 would be serious s/w changes otherwise it would still stay in the 3's. Anyone get hold the revisions and what they changes they relate to.

M

11. bigtruth

bigtruth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is version 3.15, I got it on the 3rd of Nov. and it flicker a lot, you will notice it on low contrast and brightness level, I am not sure if this is normal.

12. grahamtriggs

grahamtriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    RE: Flickering issue

1) Try to ensure the plasma is well run-in - at least 200 hours.

2) Try to eliminate problems in the mains supply - it's a fairly good idea to have some filtering and surge protection, try the Belkin multi-way extensions.

3) See settings posted here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1330060&postcount=653

13. bigtruth

bigtruth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks grahamtriggs, I've just changed the settings and its a lot better.

I will get the surge protector tomorrow.