1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RZ42PX11 (again)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nipbiplip, Feb 5, 2005.

1. nipbiplip

nipbiplip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +575
    Have been reading all of the many threads concerning this plasma, and was just about to take the plunge and buy one, until I noticed that even though it has a mulitude of connections, there ISNT an L/R AUDIO OUT. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! I need this as the speakers on the unit will not be used as i'm putting it through an amp (as is the set up I have now). Any ideas, as I've been umming and ahhring about purchasing for ages....

2. Peabo

Peabo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Plug the audio source directly into the amp, not the TV. It means you have to select the correct source on the amp every time, but it's what most people with a decent setup do.

3. nipbiplip

nipbiplip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +575
    Wanted to stay away from doing that really. It's ok for me, but try explaining to the wife why there's no sound when she's watching corrie, etc. Is there no other way of having a continuous audio out from the tv?

4. Peabo

Peabo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you ever wanted surround sound or anything like that then you'd have to do it this way. I'd suggest giving it a go, I'm sure your wife won't find it too hard to understand! I'm not sure if any plasma TVs have left&right phono audio outs.

5. sathelp

sathelp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    No problem with this one. There is audio out from the scarts. If your providing the input from a sat or cable box on scart 1, then use the audio out from scart 2 to feed the amp. I do this to feed my external amp (making sure that the TV volume is turned down to 0). This method allows you to get the PIP audio out from the TV.
    Only scart 1 & 2 has audio in and outs, not scart 3. Scart 3 only has audio in.

Hope it helps

6. nipbiplip

nipbiplip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +575
    Sounds good to me, but imagine, if you will, that you're explaining this to a two-year old (or my wife), does this mean that whatever input i'm watching (SCART 1, 3, component, composite) the sound is pumped out of SCART 2 at the same time? If so that's the baby for me!

7. Ferg 36

Ferg 36
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes,

That's how I have mine connected up so no matter what I watch, eg AV1 or component or the actual tuner then the sound comes out via scart 2

Hope this helps

Ferg

8. uretsai

uretsai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    i have a freeview box that has audio out, and i have the audio source directly fed into amp.

9. nipbiplip

nipbiplip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +575
    Thank's everyone for your replies. Have now purchased the lg (delivered 12/2). Need a good but reasonably priced prog scan dvd player as well. I've looking at the tosh 340. Any suggestions? By the way, I got the LG for £1337 and on 12mnths IFC. Good deal?

10. Peabo

Peabo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pioneer 575 multi region is £100 from Richer Sounds. Can't go wrong with that!

11. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I sorted the 'which button does what?' question by getting a macro capable all in one remote control. Now one power button turns everything on and at the most you are 2 button presses away to do anything on any device.