1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RZ42-PX11 and MCE2005 refresh rates

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mannyo, Mar 16, 2005.

1. mannyo

mannyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Not sure if this is the right forum, but as the end result is output on the plasma I thought it a good place.

I have a PC hooked up to my LG set using a geforce 6600 graphics card via the DVI connection. When watching LiveTV through MCE (nvidia dvd decoder) the TV picture is amazingly good but jerky, especially on fast moving images. I now realise this is down to the refresh rate being scaled from 50hz to whatever graphics refresh rate I select, however when selecting 50hz I get nice smooth motion but the PQ is much poorer and I find the 50hz flicker quiet annoying having come from a 100hz CRT before.

I think I have 2 choices, 1) find a better decoder that can handle the scaling from 50hz better or, 2) put another box of tricks between the pc and the screen to remove the 50hz flicker.

I also see the same flicker through the svideo connection that my NTL Pace digibox is connected (AV4)

Any thoughts or other suggestions.