LG RZ32LZ55 - HDMI to DVI problems with Virgin+

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by freemaker, May 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. freemaker

freemaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right I'm not too hot on technical stuff so here goes:

I have an LG RZ32LZ55 LCD TV and am trying to hook up my Virgin HD box with the HDMI lead. The LG doesn't have a HDMI input so I've bought an adapter so I can plug the HDMI lead into the DVI socket on the tv. And that's as far as I can get, pathetic I know! I can't get any kind of picture to come through.

I've gone through the channels i.e. AV1, AV2, S-VIDEO etc but nothing comes through. There is one thing different happening: when I'm going through those different channels one of them appears as "going into dpm mode", which doesn't happen unless the HDMI cable is plugged in. When I unplug the HDMI cable the channel goes to "no signal" so I assume then that this is the channel I have to be on, but something isn't right. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

2. dchris2

dchris2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    just a thought, is the dvi port on ur TV hdcp enabled? Maybe Virgin+ uses hdcp for its box

edit: I don't think the hdmi->dvi adapter is the problem, it might be but I think it's unlikely

3. freemaker

freemaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks dchris2,

as far as i can tell from searching through posts, the tv is hdcp unless anyone can tell me otherwise.

I'd look in the manual but unfortunately everything is packed away in storage for a few weeks, and lg don't have a manual online

4. Lewis123

Lewis123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I think you have to change the TV output settings on the V+ box to HDTV. Put a scart lead in, then change that option in the tv menus.

5. freemaker

freemaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes mate thanks but already done that. basically when I change the settings to HD HDMI the box says to "wait while we check your settings", then after a minute or so returns back to the screen with all the old settings on, as though it has checked and no HDMI signal is coming through...doing me nut in!