LG RZ32LZ50 - I need some HD Help!

SpencerUp

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Once again I am begging for your help.....

I have got a LG RZ32LZ50. I want to clarify what the situation is with HD for this TV. Is it HD compatible? What do I need to do to make it HD compatible?

You will have to bare with me, as I am new to all this. I don't understand what you mean when you refer to "component"? Can anybody explain this to me? Basically I am trying to get the best out of what I have got. I have a 360 as well. I have been told that once I have sorted the HD part out I will notice a huge differnece when I play the games. So can anybody help me!? :lease:

Thanks!

SpencerUp :smashin:

Morning All,

Really hoping that somebody can help me with this. I am so confused now though. I basically flipped the switch to HD on the back of the 360, but it just cuts the picture out on my tv screen. Is this because I have not got it plugged in correctly?

I currently have the Red, Yellow and White wires all plugged into a scart plug and then that goes into the TV. The Red, Green and Blue wires are not plugged into anything because there is nothing else for me to plug them into?

Please Help!!

:(

Come on guys, there must be somebody who can help me on this!

Please?!?!?

I think what I will do with regards to this issue is wait till I get home and then I will take some photos of the back of the TV. I will then show you the cables I have, and then hopefully SOMEONE can then let me know what I need to do. I have to admit it does not help that I don't understand half of the terminology used! Appologies for that, I just want to get the best out of the TV. I am getting pretty confused. Some people are saying that this is HD compatible others are saying it is not, If I need to buy a cable or something then I don't mind, I am worried though because I signed up to this a while back with currys, I bought it at £999. I took the deal on finance and will end up paying a stupid amount in the end, but I am still paying it off, I am now worried that I am going to find out that it is not HD and then I am going to be left paying of a £1000 tv that is not even HD!! If people can post any details on this before I get home then that would be great. I will however put some photos up on the site tonight.

:lease: :smashin: :lease: :smashin: :lease:

HD output is onll available through component (red, green blue leads)

yellow is composite,

I checked out the specs and it says it has componet connections and can be connected to a PC, in which case I'd recommend the VGA cable, Which I currently use and produces great results.

You will probably need a DVI to VGA convertor though

Use the proper microsoft one for best results

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-VG..._1_9/202-8088926-7311827?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

From what I've read that TV is not HD compliant as it does not have HDMI connection

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The 360 has those red green and blue leads but they are currently not plugged into anything at the back of my TV they are just loose, however as I said before the red yellow and white are all plugged into a scart adapter and then that goes into the tv and then on AV1 I play my 360. So what do I need to plug into the back to get the HD quality of the games on the 360? How do I get my TV picture to be overall better!?

I am sorry to sound really dim here!!

The 360 has those red green and blue leads but they are currently not plugged into anything at the back of my TV they are just loose, however as I said before the red yellow and white are all plugged into a scart adapter and then that goes into the tv and then on AV1 I play my 360. So what do I need to plug into the back to get the HD quality of the games on the 360? How do I get my TV picture to be overall better!?

I am sorry to sound really dim here!!

those cables are component cables... and if you dont have any open slots for the red, green and blue leads then listen to the comment above yours could be an alternative that could work

Ok so I have looked at that link that he has posted. So where would that then connect? what is Dvi?

Dangerous Dave, is that the same as the other thing then from Amazon? Which one do I need?

2 years ago, I considered buying a 32lz50, but the lack of HD support in the component input (Iirc, 480i only) meant that only the DVI input could be used for HD, so I changed my mind.

However, I've downloaded the current manual, and it talks about component and pc input as OPTIONS :eek: , as in not available as standard on the current model.

Can you upload pics of the back and sides of the TV, to see what's available?

I will upload the pictures when I get home from work tonight. I reaally appreciate any help given here!

Ok so I have looked at that link that he has posted. So where would that then connect? what is Dvi?

DVI is a digital video input, the manual said it has one but could be wrong, there usually a rectangle connection, white with gold pins, would be on the back if there is one.

The 2 links I posted..

The first one is the VGA cable

The second is the Scart cable, if you don't have the dvi or component connections, go for the second one, won't give HD but will improve the picture quality.

Something strange I found that this model TV only shows on LG's French website, not on the UK one, werid considering it is/has been sold in the UK.

Ok, well there is definately a DVi socket at the back. Is anybody here online tonight? If so then please let me know and I will post the pics of the back on here.

I'd go for the vga cable then and get a dvi to vga adapter.

You may find you have an adapter, if your pc has a dvi connector in it's graphics card, most cards/Pc's are shipped with one these days.

Ok, I think I have got a VGA socket in the back of the TV anyway.

At least I think I do, have any of you heard of TVs that have VGA sockets already in the back or do most people have to get an adapter?

Brilliant, I will post some pictures of the back of the TV. Then I wil post you the cables I have and we can go from there. I feel sick about all this. I am going to be paying this TV off for another 3 years and It is worth naff all now. Rumour has it that I can buy one of these from Dixons for about £200!!!

As you can see I just want to get the best out of what I have got. It only occured to me the other day that I could make the quality of viewing games etc a lot better.

I have one of these useless, :censored: piles of crap masquerading as a TV, it's in my daughter's bedroom where it can do least harm. Component HD from the x-box does not work. Set it to 480 as an interim, that should be OK. After that, yes, the VGA route is the way to go. Get a 360 VGA cable and a DVI to VGA adapter, it takes native res VGA at any Hz you like. Don't expect it to be any good, motion blur is horriffic, lack of contrast makes Gears unplayable. Good luck.

GREAT :(

Well got home and or some reason the VGA cable does not fit, so am going to need to go the VGA >> DVi adapter route!!

Once I have bought that what channel will I need to go on for it to pick up the DVi?

It's labelled PC, it auto senses the input. One thing LG are good at, I reckon if you stick your fingers in te socket, it will display your heart rate graph. Everything else, QC, performance, customer support, all crap.

Ok, well thanks for the info, but I have to make the best of what I have got, I am still paying for this TV, I will be for the next 3 years. Stupid I know but I have done it and 18 months a go it seemed like the right choice. So now I need to make the most of it. Below you will find some pictures I have taken of the back, any help from you guys would be great!!!

dsc01651vr8.jpg

More images to follow.....

Please make the pics from below, it's difficult to tell what's available from that angle.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom