1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RZ32LZ50 & DVI - PC problems

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Mark_J, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Mark_J

Mark_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Ive been trying to connect my PC upto the Tv via the DVI ports etc, and I cannot get it to display at all! the Tv keeps going into DPM mode.
    the Nvidia programs can see the Tv and even have the correct name of it etc, but the TV just wont show anything.
    Ive gone into the Bios on the motherboard of the PC and turned off the DPMS mode all to no avail! :(

Can anyone shed any light onto my problem?
    Another query, is that in the hardware manager (xp prof by the way) it just shows the TV as a Defalt Monitor, and I tried to search for a driver for the actual tv (just in case) but found nothing!
    Does the TV come with a CD with drivers on ir anything? (see below for reason in asking etc)

Also, do you get a DVI cable with the TV when you buy it? reason I ask is that we got the last one Curry's had in stock and was the ex display one (got it cheap) but didnt get any DVI cable or anything (just the remote control and the manual which actually says about the included DVI cable!)

Hope you can help, as its driving me NUTS! :confused:

Thanks in advance

Mark.

2. Mark_J

Mark_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, seems that I 'MAY' have found the problem but at the mo not been able to test!

In the manual, it refers to using a DVI-D cable, (which is the cable i borrowed) and upon reading on the net, found that DVI-D is digital ONLY.
    Now, reading more in the manual, it states about gfx cards may have problems if they DONT output analogue signals..hmmmmm does it make you think too that the manual has made a cock up in translation somewhere?
    IF they say analogue for the gfx card, then they SHOULD mean either DVI-A or DVI-I for the cable and NOT DVI-D!!!!!

I need to get hold of a DVI-I cable to test so if any of you have one and this TV, any chance of letting us know it does work etc (or even a DVI-A)

Hope if im correct, it will hopfully stop other people wasting hours with thier PC trying to get the TV to show something on the screen!

3. seanyseansean

seanyseansean
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did get a DVI cable with the TV and it works fine from my work Dell laptop DVI out. The manual does state you need to use the included cable, it's something to do with sending the EID(?!?!) to the PC apparently. I'll have to check this acronym later as i've probably got it wrong.

Now if only I could get the thing to work at 50hz (not 60) at full resolution i'd be a happy camper :D

EDIT: p.s. this tv cost me £577 from Dixons, probably the best bargain in living memory from the DSG group, they even beat the best internet price I could find (£730 from Dabs I think)

4. Mark_J

Mark_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a DVI cable today and it almost worked :(, it showed the DOS stuff and the windows loading screen but as soon as my gfx card loaded in the drivers just as windows started it went into te DMP mode again!
    Read on the ATI site that I tihnk they still have slight issues with the DVI port drivers on thier radion cards, so im still stuck lol.

I did get a VGA - DVI connector with the gfx card and plugging the vga cable into that and then the DVI end into the TV it worked perfectly, great picture in 1024x768 and also in 1360x768.
    Just hope that ATI get themselves sorted and get the drivers for their cards working properly with the DVI.

Might still see about popping into Curry's and seeing if I should have got a cable with mine and see if that makes any difference but I doubt it as it does look like a driver issue with my card as the gfx card recognises the TV properly, its just not displaying it!

You did well getting one at that price, ours 'sort of' only cost us about £450 as we had a voucher for £350 from the insurance they sell at currys coz our old TV kept going wrong so we gave em some jip and got it written off and vouchers with it still been under the extended guarantee! hehehe...

5. Pugs1

Pugs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Any joy on this as I have the same problem with my new LG?:lease:

6. Pugs1

Pugs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    :clap:

7. bigbilly50

bigbilly50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just want to add that I have the same problem here but with an LG 26LX2R.
    Works fine with the supplied DVI to VGA cable.
    But with DVI to DVI the screen just goes into bloomin' 'power saving mode'

This is with an NVIDIA 6800GT card.

Btw it still looks absolutely fantastic through VGA.

8. Pugs1

Pugs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Interesting, I hope it aint a problem of the LG range:confused:

I thought it may have been my ATI card and was going to try it on a 6800...

Anyone contacted LG about it yet?

9. bigbilly50

bigbilly50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Lol and I though this was a Nvidia problem until I read this thread !

Not contacted LG yet, although I plan to. Someone posted this email address in another thread - ukmonitor@lge.com - I guess this will be the one to try.

Im also considering buying a DVI to HDMI adapter to test if this problem is just with the DVI port.

10. Pugs1

Pugs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Not good news, I've been in touch with LG and they reckon to get a replacement TV from where I bought it. But why are loads of LG owners having this problem?:(

Billy, which thread are you referring to?

11. Pugs1

Pugs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Anyone had any joy with this? If not LG reckon to get a replacement TV, seems OTT to me especially if I'm not the only one having problems with the connector...

12. bigbilly50

bigbilly50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry, Ive been trawling through so many threads here looking for anyone with a similar problem that I cant remember what thread I found that email address on.

Btw still no joy for me - gonna have a play around today, maybe try some different firmwares on my 6800GT and see if that makes a difference.

13. BryanKitts

BryanKitts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have the same problem with an LG32LX2R and integrated graphics (NVidia GeForce 6150). On another thread, several others are reporting the DVI EDID problem and one person had LG confirm it and upgrade his set's firmware to try to fix this (plus the HDMI issue) but I think it only sorted the HDMI problem. Don't really fancy the hassle of returning mine, but may have to :(

Interesting remark about the cable: maybe our TVs are fine and our cables are faulty!

14. bigbilly50

bigbilly50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just an update on my situation. Still no joy using DVI to DVI with my 26LX2R (altho VGA through this port is working fine).

However, I purchased a DVI=>HDMI converter (about £10) and am happy to say that my TV is displaying the digital picture superbly through the HDMI port. I would of liked to keep my HDMI port free for the upcoming PS3 but thats a long way in the future.

Anyway for the moment im happy - this way frees up the DVI/VGA port for my Xbox 360 :) and gives me the best possible PQ for PC usage :)

15. paul_

paul_

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

does anyone have any experience of connecting the RZ32LZ50 to the Philips Showline Media Centre (MCP9350i or MCP9360i) via DVI?

I believe that I'm getting some of the EDID problems mentioned in the thread.

Thanks

16. mattclarkie

mattclarkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Real guitars don't have strings, they have 5 colou
    Ratings:
    +936
    I have had my 27LZ for over 2 years, and on every PC I get th same DPM issue when using straight DVI, if I use a VGA it is fine. I have tried many cables and the one included, occassionally it will work, but then when you power down the issue comes back.

Just wondered if anyone has found a fix yet.

17. JohanSimple123

JohanSimple123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    aiit dude listen to me , its simple as my name , so yeah , just right click on your desktop , then go to display settings scroll down and go to advance display settings,scroll down and find display adapter properties , click on properties inforant of ur graphic card it might be Intel(R) . click on driver ,then disable and enable again , and u are good to go , god bless bye <3