1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RZ26LZ50 LCD TV Opinions

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by wood@addanc, Mar 1, 2005.

1. wood@addanc

wood@addanc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use a PC box as a PVR and DVD player. I would like to use it for games play as well (old CRT TV doesn't have the resolution). Has anybody got an opinion about the LG RZ26LZ50 LCD TV as a screen for a multimedia box? Has anybody got any other recommendation for a screen to a multimedia box?

2. 1a2b3c

1a2b3c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,
    I have the RZ26LZ50 - i can't really comment much on what you plan to use it for but I was really happy with it until I tried to get a progressive scan DVD player to work with it. (I have said this in another thread).
    Basically the TV is supposed to be progressive scan compatible but when a DVD player is hooked up through the component and switched to progressive it doubles then goes fuzzy (can't see anything).
    The worst thing was the help offered by LG which was not very helpful. They are still working on it - but don't believe them when they say they will ring you back! I have never experienced such poor customer service.
    Picture good though.

3. Deaky

Deaky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Progressive works fine via DVI. Im running mine from the dvi output of my iScan. There is however a narrow band down either side of the picture where the picture doesn't quite fill the screen. I'm not sure if there are any settings that I can alter to stretch the picture slightly

4. emu

emu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
  5. emu

emu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    finally finished plugging it all in today

desktop is running fine but when i try to play a video from wmp or power dvd i get out of range msg

strange cos it was working fine yesterday

6. emu

emu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    spent the evening testing the xbox,gamecube and ps2 all with fantastic results :thumbsup:

watched the everton liverpool match this afternoon and that was also spot on (running from an rf feed)

just finished watching a dvd via rgb and the pic was stunning (soooo much detail)

overall i would say im well chuffed with this tv for the bedroom and am now going to look into buying a 32 inch lcd instead of a dlp for the lounge :)