1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RZ-50PY10 in Harrods

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by superpixel, Aug 9, 2005.

1. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For a laugh, I thought I'd switch from the demo DVD to TV...

Wow. The best overall tv pic I've seen on a 50" TV. Nothing like the 42" PX11 - this was smooth, clean with excellent blacks and contrast....

Any opinions? It's all there for anyone in the vicinity to check out and comment...

2. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No-one brave enough then?

Better contrast than the PV500, cleaner processing than the 50XHA40...

And perhaps an eye-opener to those who write off analogue too!

3. sean66

sean66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am seriously thinking of buying one of these this week.
    never owned a plasma.
    any drawbacks with this model ?

lgrz50py10

i am a heavy tv watcher and it will be on for many hours a day, where i will have sky tv running though a panasonic dvd recorder and a scart to the tv and a video recorder into the tv via a scart.
    well thats how i have my 26 inch crt at the moment anyway.

i will be watching large amounts of videos and dvds and also all the sky football and big sports events as well as the documentry channels.

my main criteria is screen size minumum of 50 and the only 2 i have seen together are this lg and a 50 inch phillips , sorry i do not know the model and i preferred the sleeker looks of this lg.

anyone own one of these or got a freind who does and can give me the nod one way or the other.

4. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You might want to wait a couple of weeks for the newer LG 50PX4D. Similar PQ, but with HDMI instead of DVI + HDCP, integrated Freeview, universal memory card slot, and an awesome input selector.

These new Freeview models from LG should let everybody see what they're capable of. The hi-res sets are so much better than the Panasonic and Pioneer equivalents that it's almost funny...

5. sean66

sean66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you for that.
    i was worried that this was an end of line and a new model would replace it

you buy something and something new replaces it straight away.
    mind you any idea on price of the new model as currys have this tv lg50py10 up for £4000 while the only electrical shop on my whole island is selling the exact same tv for £2700 which i thought was cheap.

i will do a search on the new model number .
    thank you.

6. stainway

stainway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Superpixel, how you dare to say that LG 50PX4D :nono: can be better than any Panasonic etc....I think you will get a lot of reactions about how wrong you are .Just wait and see:)) :devil: