LG RZ-42PY10X Discontinued?

EXOS

Standard Member
Having placed my order in late september for the above model of PDP, much to my dissapointment :( I have just found out that LGE have decided to discontinue the above model, and no longer honour supplier orders.

Does anyone know where i can get one from, or a good alternative, I had budgeted at £1800 (which was the cost of this panel), and I cant really go any more than this.

:lease:

EXOS

Standard Member
Thanks for the response. :) looks good and saves me a little money. Can someone please confirm the following please:

A) Is this true "HD Ready" and badged as so as a number of websites advise it is, yet the LG site makes no reference.

B) What is the screen resolution: 1024x768 or 852x480, again different resolutions are sighted on various websites

C) Does this have SCART interfaces

D) What is the difference between film and glass filter?

E) Does this model have the IEE1394 and card interface (not bothered but just wondered)

F) Any forseen issues with guarentees as it's the FR model.

Thanks again.

daKlone

I couldn't find the exact model number on the LG website, as there seem to be two models with very similar part numbers - RZ42PX4R and RZ42PX4RV but searching around seems to give the following information;

A) R - Yes, RV - No (But "HD-Compatible");
B) R- 1024x768, RV - 852x480
C) Yes - 3 SCARTS;
D) Pass!
E) No;
F) Pass!

Other differences seem to be Contrast (10,000:1 for the RV, 5000:1 for the R) and Luminosity (1500cd/m for the RV and 1000cd/m for the R). It does indeed seem to be a model aimed at the European market rather than UK...

Compare them: RZ42PX4RV and RZ42PX4R.

Hopefully we should have all the answers as soon as Simon T's TV arrives:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256541

colonelblighty

I've also been looking at this display and i've managed to find the manual for the 5R but it also appears to be for the 4R as well. It's available for download on the French LG site

Hope the sets good as at the moment for me it's between this and the samsung 40" Lcd

daKlone

colonelblighty said:
I've also been looking at this display and i've managed to find the manual for the 5R but it also appears to be for the 4R as well. It's available for download on the French LG site

Hope the sets good as at the moment for me it's between this and the samsung 40" Lcd
Nice one, colonelblighty!

Here is the link to the manual downloads page on the LG website, where you can download the manual (0565Fen):

http://fr.lge.com/products/mobile/mobil/sidemenu.do?action=list&group_code=0101&list_code=PRD_MANU&target=manu&categoryId=0101&modelCategoryId=0101&parentId=01&gcscId=BPT&paramModelCode=42PX5R

Edit: Changed link to downloads page rather than file itself, which didn't work - thanks colonel! :)

colonelblighty

daKlone,

I originally posted the link but it doesn't work, it seems that you have to search through the french site for it :rolleyes:

Trending threads

Top Bottom